- UNU-EHS and the Geography Department of the University of Bonn welcome applicants who possess a first degree (Bachelor) in a higher education programme in Geography or a related discipline. The ideal candidate has a strong interest or experience in working in the field of human-nature relations and risk governance in the Global South. Women and applicants from developing countries are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Joint Master Programme has an annual intake. The next programme will start in October 2017. Applications are accepted during the application period from November 15, 2016 to January 15, 2017.
A completed application packet consists of the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form (REQUIRED)
- A signed Résumé/CV (REQUIRED)
- A current résumé including a chronological listing of employment and other significant activities must be submitted with any application.
- Official transcripts (REQUIRED)
- Applicants must submit an official transcript from each college or university in which they were enrolled for any period of time, showing all courses, grades and degrees received
- Only transcripts that have been certified by the university where the degree was awarded will be accepted
- In cases where the transcript is written in any other language than English, a certified translation of the transcript into English or German is also required
- Translated versions can be certified either by the originating university or an official national or international institution
- Letter of motivation (REQUIRED)
- A written statement, one to two pages in length, describing their motivation, area of proposed research, background, past work in the intended field of study, plans for further postgraduate study and any other information they feel is relevant. Applicants who are currently registered in a postgraduate programme at another university should explain why they wish to change programmes.
- For non-native English speakers or applicants where English is not the official language, an English language proficiency certificate. (REQUIRED).
- Copy of Bachelor Thesis or academic essay written as part of the fulfillment of the first degree (preferably in English). (REQUIRED).
- If the candidate wishes to be considered for the Epos funding by the DAAD the candidate should add the DAAD application form, a motivation letter with reference to the current occupation, professional letters of recommendation from your employer (with recent date, stamped and signed), academic letters of recommendation from your university (with recent dates, stamped and signed), as well as a confirmation of employment from the employer in your home country and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment upon your return home.
- Other relevant documents to support your application (OPTIONAL):
- Further certificates on professional experience and expertise (recommended for Epos applicants)
- Additional Certified Transcripts in cases where additional academic credits were earned outside of Degrees awarded
- Letters of recommendation
All documents must be scanned and sent together as one single PDF file. Only Epos applicants might organize their application in two files. The file size for each file should not exceed 8 Megabytes (MB). Send completed application packet to: [email protected]
Only digital versions sent via email will be accepted. We do not accept applications sent via post.
Completed application packets must be received by the application deadline January 15th, at 23:59 CET (Central European Time) for Bonn, Germany. Any applications received with timestamps of 24:00 CET or later on the following day will be automatically excluded.
All candidates get a notification on their application status by mid May 2017.