Community Media Trust is a media organization that develops community engagement strategies using participatory media and community communication principles, to support implementation of projects and programs. Community Media Trust creates relevant, community-friendly media content (film, radio, digital and print) that inspires, educates and entertains communities to achieve knowledge, behavioral and social impact.
We are excited to be a #DREAMSInnovation winner! Our solution will help create an #AIDSFreeGen for girls & women in #Africa! #EndAIDS2030.
Our solution, “WezeshaDada: Media & ICT Training for Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW)” will seek to impart filmmaking, photography, ICT and entrepreneurship skills to AGYW from 6 communities in Nairobi and Kisumu. They will not only make short films to educate other AGYW on the dangers of HIV infection, but will also promote and demystify entrepreneurship as a strategy for reducing their vulnerability. Additionally, the AGYW will receive “seed equipment” to initiate media and ICT-based income generating activities in their communities.
CoMeT is seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant for the WezeshaDada project to be based in its regional office in Nairobi.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and finance activities and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable;
- Implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to CoMeT’s guidelines.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensuring accuracy of financial statements.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Draft project reports, developing program budgets and cash flows and regularly monitoring expenditure;
- Preparation of monthly expenditure requests and account for project expenditure in line with CoMeT’s financial procedures;
- Ensure staff adhere to CoMeT’s financial policies and procedures;
- Any other duty assigned
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/ Finance Option)
- CPA Section III
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of general accounting principals
- Proficient in relevant computer software
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position (preferably in an NGO set-up or busy working environment)
- In absence of a degree, minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Skills & Knowledge
- A great attitude
- A passion for numbers, accuracy and skills in calculating figures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner / Fast adaptor with high level of flexibility
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision and a sense of urgency
- Ability to pay attention to detail and meet strict deadlines
How to Apply
Interested individuals should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) to [email protected] by 15th January 2017. The email Subject Line must show the job title “Accounts Assistant”.
CoMeT is an equal opportunity employer and women candidates are encouraged to apply
NB: Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for interviews.
- Job City Nairobi