Samasource is a social enterprise that provides dignified, internet-based work to people living in poverty. We build technology that helps leverage the brain power of the poor so they can lift themselves out of poverty by providing valuable services to companies around the world. We are a dynamic and growing team with a big vision–to reduce worldwide poverty and its effects through technology. We need the best people to help us achieve it. We like to move fast and get things done. If you join us, you’ll be able to make an immediate impact, connect with some of the brightest people in the fields of social enterprise, impact sourcing, and tech. Samasource is supported by major corporate and philanthropic funders including eBay, Google, Cisco, and the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations.
Samasource is seeking a seasoned BPO leader to oversee operations in our Gulu, Uganda Centre. Our goal is to scale this operation significantly during 2017. This person will be responsible for refining operating processes, setting strategic objectives, and building a growth plan to achieve financial and impact targets. The Country Manager is responsible for the daily oversight of the facility and leading a team of Support and Operations Managers charged with achieving client deliverables.
The ideal candidate has significant experience in BPO management.
- Develop organizational structure to support scaling goals and objectives; maintain and recruit a high-caliber team; setting strategic plans and performance targets; and developing operational plans.
- Develop high-caliber team by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, and coaching employees; effectively communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review direct report performance; plan and review compensation.
- Determine Center strategic focus, including evolution of work verticals; alignment of training with worker skill levels; ROI analysis on pursuing ISO or other certifications; and positioning of the Center relative to competitive landscape.
- Monitor and evaluate performance based upon financial, operational, and impact KPIs.
- Be a regular presence on the production floor and actively interact with managers, supervisors and agents to ensure productive engagement and proper functioning of systems.
- Manage functional direct and dotted-line areas, including human resources, training, quality, technology, facilities and security to ensure that local expectations are clear and deliverables are met.
- Meet Center financial and impact targets by supporting the preparation of annual budgets; forecasting expenditures; taking ownership of variances; and complying with Samasource recruitment and compensation practices.
- Test and refine new operational strategies that support efficiency, scale, and best-in-class BPO processes and share learnings with key Samasource stakeholders.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in data Center management; actively engaging in and participating in the East Africa ICT community.
- Ensure alignment and execution of agent training with business needs and working with operations to develop and tracking worker skill-sets and skill levels in order to execute sales pipeline.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and standards.
- Along with overseeing Center operations, the role will closely work with sales and pre sales to close business and support large bids in East Africa
- Work with other Samasource global delivery centers to learn and share best practices for operational excellence.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Operations or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of seven years of experience in management experience, including at least 4 in BPO services
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across an enterprise toward mutual success
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate
- Capability and flexibility to meet demands and change drivers
- Experience in BPO management, including strategic design, organizational management, and workforce development.
- Proven experience of managing an organization and influencing other organizations where their support is critical to success.
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal.
- A good understanding of the start-up culture and change management.
- Results oriented, with experience with managing budgets
- Strong communication and facilitation skills. This role is responsible for driving the design and implementation of Samasource’s owned and operated Impact Sourcing Center. Strong facilitation and communication skills are required to ensure that the model we design is the optimum one and execution is seamless.
- Proven ability to understand, interpret and identify opportunities from business financials and impact metrics.
- Job City Gulu