The success of the CaTSS projects depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of the Director, M&E position is to provide technical leadership in the development and operationalization of the CaTSS Performance Measurement Plan (PMP) integrated with CaTSS institutional and other systems; so as to generate strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices. In addition the M&E Director will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes and impacts. S/he shall lead the analysis of data collected for assessment of progress and determination of areas of improvement. S/he shall guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. S/he shall support all the technical staff in M&E functions and shall manage M&E related staff in the program.
- General Responsibilities
- Support the process of documenting and reporting MSH achievements in Nigeria
● Provide oversight and M&E support to MSH Nigeria as needed.
2. Management Responsibilities
- Spearhead the strategic design and implementation of the CaTSS project PMP in line with
PEPFAR and national reporting requirements
● Member of the CaTSS Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project
● Work independently with authority from the Project Director, within strategy and policy guidelines.
● Makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
● Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and
management of budget and all assets in the M&E unit.
3. M & E Technical Responsibilities
- Establish systems for the flow of information from service-delivery points to the CaTSS central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities. As well as conduct periodic data quality audits.
● Ensure CaTSS PMP provides adequate data for PEPFAR,NASCP and NACA reporting; and
provides inputs into other national and international reporting systems.
● Build the capacity of CaTSS staff in the design and implementation of a coordinated and effective monitoring and evaluation system.
● Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at CaTSS
● Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
● Link and analyze resource inputs, outputs and outcomes and report on project effectiveness and efficiency.
● Work with CaTSS management to document and publish best practices.
● Liaise and network with relevant CaTSS partners and collaborators to harmonize our reporting systems.
● Provide clear documentation of programmatic achievements and keep MSH senior management
informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
● Coordinate writing of reports and take responsibility for compilation of project report to the donor and partners.
● Ensure that MSH DHIS, USG DATIM and other relevant databases are up to date
● Develop a strong monitoring & evaluation plan consistent with the USAID results framework
- Plan and facilitate various periodic M & E meetings
● Plan and organize routine data quality audits, and serve as a catalyst to enhance systems that bridge data collection with analysis and data-driven decision making and planning.
Qualifications and Experience
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: Master Degree in Medicine, Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Demography or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: At least 7 years of experience in designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for Public Health Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 5 years of which
spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Must have an in-depth knowledge and experience in USG/PEPFAR reporting requirements.
Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
Strong written and oral presentation skills in English.
COMPETENCIES: Demonstrated ability to lead in the development and implementation of CaTSS PMP and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the Project Director, Deputy Project Director, Director Program Implementation, Advisors, and State Teams.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
- Job City Abuja