The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s station in Abuja.
Driver II (Abuja)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Be conversant with Nigerian roads and knowledge of West African borders;
- Drive Aflasafe aTTC team in Abuja for marketing and other activities;
- Convey personnel and Aflasafe product within and outside Abuja;
- Assist with loading of Aflasafe for delivery within and outside Abuja;
- Record trip details in vehicle logbook;
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks;
- Carry out vehicle cleaning and ensure adequate kitting (tools, medical box, and accessories);
- Carry out administrative duties while not on official trip;
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
O’level plus valid driver’s license (Class E) with at least Five (5) years relevant experience with an international research institute.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be able to drive long distance with good eye sight.
- Be mentally alert and physically fit.
- Be able to work under pressure and be ready to work on weekends when necessary.
- Be able to speak more than one Nigeria language.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
- Job City Abuja