IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. dedicated to working with developing countries to improve their public health capabilities
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Finance Manager is responsible for (1) developing and implementing financial procedures in compliance with IntraHealth and USAID policies and procedures; (2) overseeing procurement activities, subcontracts and consulting agreements, purchase agreements and modifications (3) providing financial training and guidance to program staff and partners. S/he will be the project’s principal financial representative and will coordinate the financial and administrative functions/support to field offices, ensuring the effective use of donor resources to meet project goals. S/he leads the implementation of these key systems by ensuring that activities are implemented in accordance with the organization’s mission, strategic objectives, and program approaches and comply with IntraHealth’s and USAID’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Establish accounting and financial systems for the project in compliance with USAID regulations and IntraHealth policies and procedures
- Prepare and negotiate contracts, subcontracts, purchase agreements, independent consultant agreements, and modifications
- Provide guidance and technical support for interpretation of donor rules and regulations by maintaining up-to-date knowledge and understanding of regulatory, statutory, and administrative requirements
- Manage all banking transactions, and ensure compliance with applicable taxes and reporting
- Maintain payroll system including tracking benefits and allowances and tax payments
- Oversees the preparation of high quality USAID quarterly and annually financial reports as well as the PEPFAR expenditure analysis report.
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports to headquarters in North Carolina
- Responsible for cash flow management
- Maintain general ledger and balance sheets, and prepare monthly budget variance reports
- Maintain asset inventory and reports for project (core and state offices)
- Support technical and management team in budget preparation and financial analyses
- Monitors proper management of cash flow and assures that budgets are followed and the project does not overspend
- Ensures accurate financial forecasts and secure adequate and timely financing for activities and procurements with close consultation with the Finance and Program units
- Ensures that financial management systems provides accurate, current and complete disclosure of financial transactions, aligned with IntraHealth’s policies and procedures
- Reviews monthly financial statements and bank reconciliation statements for IntraHealth bank accounts
- Designs and implements sound internal control systems to safeguard assets, financial records and documents of the organization
- Reviews disbursements and payroll costs for authenticity and accuracy
- Provides financial performance feedback to the project leadership team and IntraHealth Headquarters program and finance support staff
- Facilitates and follows-up change of bank signatories and bank procedures.
- Review financial reports of sub-grantees, whenever applicable, and ensure that expenditures are in line with the budget and in compliance with donor regulations
- Serves as liaison with external auditors, facilitates internal and external audit undertakings.
- Prepares responses to audit findings and follows-up on the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Monitor implementation of action/corrective action plans relative to both internal and external audits and report back to the Senior Finance Director and IntraHealth Headquarters
- Masters Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance or other relevant field preferred
- At least five years of progressive experience in financial and contracts/grants management with USAID Experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets
- Extensive knowledge of FAR and AIDAR and Kenyan government laws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to set up and maintain accounting and financial management systems
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English and ability to negotiate with partners and USAID
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment, supervise a professional team and ability to interact with a variety of specialists
- In-depth knowledge in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and accounting software
- Proficiency using online financial systems/databases with international auditing experience
- Prefer candidates with ability to train others in finance functions
- Demonstrated diplomatic and interpersonal skills and ability to manage staff effectively in a complex and changing environment.
- Proven ability to manage confidential matters discreetly and with the trust and confidence of colleagues and clients.
- Job City Nairobi