The International Institute for Local Development was founded to enlarge and promote the roles and involvement of local stakeholders in development efforts. They work globally through regional offices in France, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa and the USA.
They promote integrative models that make vertical and horizontal connections between actors and interventions, promoting ownership, management and sustainability by focusing on variations in history, preferences and culture. The local understanding of local issues then becomes the starting block for strategic planning, policy making and the design of development interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer
- The Programme Officers will form the core of a pioneer team of five in Nigeria (based in Abuja).
- They will assist the Director in the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of several interventions including the organization’s flagship programme.
- They will provide input to the country and regional operations plan as well as prepare proposals, submissions and reports.
- They will also provide support to the independent evaluation arm of the organization and will be solely responsible for the design, planning and implementation of a range of monitoring and evaluation-related assignments.
Core Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide technical and research support to home and field office operations
- Manage organization’s data base
- Develop fact sheets on specified topics and regions
- Write and edit reports and other documents
- Provide administrative and logistical support to project teams
- Undertake regular updates of the organization’s websites
- Travel regularly to project regions to review and manage project activities and field staff
- Manage associate consultants, field staff and partners
- Assist in developing country and regional operations plans in compliance with global strategic and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions
- Supervise regular data collection and ensure quality of the data by random verification and validation
- Participate actively in programme planning processes
- Analyze data and prepare study reports
- Undertake other tasks as determined by the Director
Specific Requirements and Skills
- A university degree, preferably in the social sciences
- 3-5 years’ experience in a development organization, working on a development project or in an NGO
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, graphics design and SPSS or similar analytical tool.
- Understanding of the history, theory and practice of development
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to speak and write French is an advantage
Interested and qualified Applicants should send their CV’s and a cover letter to: [email protected]
- Job City Abuja