AECOM is implementing the Somalia TIS+ Project to promote good governance and community cohesion. The objectives of this contract are to: 1) Increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets. 2) Empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth. 3) Increase Somali engagement in creating a more stable future. 4) Support inclusive, sustainable development by reducing gender gaps in stabilization and development.
The Human Resources Officer will provide effective administrative and operational support to the HR and recruitment needs on TIS+. He/She will supervise and implement HR systems, policies and procedures; manage HR operational and administrative system; review and revise the SOP manuals; develop and conduct staff orientation and on-boarding processes; manage performance appraisal system and provide HR expert guidance and technical support.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead and manage the recruitment process to assure the implementation of HR and recruiting policies.
- Ensure the quality and completeness of HR and recruiting records to be compliant with AECOM, USAID and Kenya, Somalia and Somaliland laws and regulations.
- Train staff in recruitment processes including provision of a written outline of steps, timelines, and responsibilities necessary for an orderly and expeditious recruitment process.
- Manage and coordinate orientation and on-boarding sessions for new hires regarding across all departments.
- Prepare and follow through on checklists for employee on-boarding to ensure a smooth transition onto the team.
- Coordinate and review employee and consultant timesheets for accuracy and completeness.
- Update HR SOPs ensuring compliance with Kenya, Somalia & Somaliland labor laws as well as effective implementation and/or communication.
- Ensure complete, accurate and updated personnel files for CCN personnel and maintain necessary information on expatriates and TCNs.
- Coordinate information sharing with the Finance Department, and the corporate office to ensure timely, accurate HR information is provided as/when needed.
- Prepare and issue contracts, employment confirmations and contract extension letters to employees and consultants.
- Maintain and track all employee leave and contracts records, as well as, manage and upload staff information in OneSource.
- Implement, coordinate and support performance appraisal system for CCN employees in collaboration with line managers.
- Manage and coordinate visa and work permit processing for staff.
- All other duties as assigned.
The Human Resources Officer reports to the Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration/Management or relevant field.
- Minimum 4 years HR experience in a similar role, 2 years with a USAID funded organization.
- Proven knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Written and spoken English language skills required
- Strong Excel skills and proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong sense of ethics and honesty with attention to detail.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to keep absolute confidentiality of HR matters.
How to apply:
Please submit your application and updated CV to the following link below by 25 January, 2017.
- Job City Nairobi