Kennedy Odede started Shining Hope for Communities (SHOFCO) in 2004 with passion, 20 cents and a soccer ball. Growing up in Kibera, one of the largest slums in Africa, he experienced extreme poverty, violence, lack of opportunity, and deep gender inequality.
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Hours: Monday- Friday, 8am to 5pm
Human Resource Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Assist with the recruitment and Interviewing process
- Maintaining all leave records and updates to achieve coordinated leave administration process.
- Maintaining and managing accurate human resource records by updating the employee’s data bank, filling and keeping all employees’ documents in their respective files and opening files for new employees.
- Ensure all files are up to date as per the checklist.
- Conduct benefit enrollment for new staff
- Conduct orientation for new staff
- Schedule HR and Staff meetings as requested by the HR Manager
- Update HR spreadsheet with employee change requests and process paperwork
- Reconcile the benefits statements
- Respond to HR queries in the absence of HR Manager
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned
Competencies and Skills
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Qualifications for the HR Assistant
- Degree or Higher diploma in Human Resources Management
- Must be a registered member of IHRM
- Minimum 1 year of working in HR department, previous Internship is also considered
- MUST be familiar with the Kenya Labour Laws
Excellent Interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Cross cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity
- Ability to handle challenging workload
- Passion to worked in a slum area will be an added advantage
- Able to coordinate multiple tasks while maintaining attention to quality and detail.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer, [email protected] quoting their current and expected salaries. Applications without this information will not be considered.
DO NOT ATTACH TESTIMONIALS at this point. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications should reach us no later than 17th January 2017
- Job City Nairobi