Oxfam is a confederation of 17 Affiliates committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good governance, adopting a right based approach.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
- To provide effective and efficient Human Resources (HR) and administration services to help smooth programme delivery.
- To ensure that Oxfam meets its business objectives and mainstreams its core organizational values through the effective administration service.
- To manage recruitment, HR policies and procedures, keep up to date and accurate HR filing systems and support in all HR and administrative issues for Oxfam bases in Biu and Damboa
- Manage all recruitment (in collaboration with the allocated recruiting manager), including advertising, collecting CVs, administering written tests and interviews
- Maintain a capacity planner, and alert line managers of upcoming staff renewal dates
- Support with training and capacity building of staff where relevant
- Ensure compliance with all Oxfam HR policies and procedures
- Support line managers with all aspects of HR and personnel management, as per Oxfam policies and procedures
- Supervise administration staff and ensure that all staff reporting to post holder have work plans, performance objectives; and deliver to agreed set standards.
- Ensure Oxfam Office and Guesthouses are managed proactively and properly.
- With support from the HR Manager, continuously review and update admin systems and procedures to ensure compliance with local laws and Oxfam set standards and to improve efficiency.
- Ensuring timely processing of utility and service bills (telephone bills, power, water cleaning and maintenance, fumigation.
- Monitoring and maintaining office premises in line with Oxfam health and safety requirements and standards.
- Provide monthly admin and forecast reports for management information system, and for input into budget and audit processes.
- Conduct inductions of new staff on Admin systems and procedures.
- Ensure smooth management of day to day administrative function and requirement in the office.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HRM, Business Administration, Public Administration, Arts or Social Sciences with three years of relevant professional experience in human resources administration.
- Previous experience working in an NGO or within a structured organization will be an added advantage.
Applicants should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment in English to: [email protected] with the position title as the subject of your email.
- Prospective candidate must be available and willing to commence work immediately.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Borno