International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, environment & economic development and crisis, conflict & governance.
Site Improvement through Monitoring System(SIMS)/Operations Team Lead (OTL) will be responsible for overseeing the Program’s administrative and management support services, activities, and personnel and will play an integral role in logistical coordination, schedule management, and ensuring equipment needs in day-to day operations. Technically he/she will be working closely with Evaluation Services and Program Support(ESPS) Finance Manager. This is a one year employement starting mid December 2016 based in Kenya, Nairobi and will require 25% traveling within the country. Kenyan citizen are encouraged to apply.
- Support implementing procedures relating to recruiting, hiring and HR management and accounting and financial management;
- In liaison with Regional Managers will conduct performance appraisal for the regional administrative and support staff;
- Implement procedures relating to travel and security;
- Maintain accounting and finance records in accordance with USAID regulations and ensure project expenditures are within established budget parameters;
- Identify systems and process enhancements to improve the efficiency and productivity of field teams;
- Play an integral role in logistical coordination and schedule management for regional teams;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as required and confirm completion of corresponding documentation;
- Supervise and manage personnel on the administrative and operational support team at regional level;
- Participate in regular management meetings with IBTCI-ESPS staff as needed;
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Two years undergraduate degree, a Junior college or similar degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Finance or related field;
- Must have at least seven years’ progressive experience working in Kenya and/or other developing country contexts;
- Demonstrate technical and management expertise in the field of public health;
- Previous operations experience managing USAID activities in Kenya, particularly acquisition, is an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written skills as well good organizational and team skills;
- Experience working with the MoH and private health facilities desirable;
- Experience with Ms. Office packages, QuickBooks desirable;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
How to apply: Please submit all application materials at https://careers2-ibtci.icims.com
- No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted. IBTCI is an equal opportunity employer.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty five pounds.
No phone calls please. Applications will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination of race, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. We are an E-verify employer.
- Job City Nairobi