Work Location: Nairobi, with frequent travel to AAH-I Kenya field locations.
About Action Africa Help International
Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia. AAH-I Kenya is working in Kakuma and Mara to implement Logistics and livelihood Projects.
The Programme Officer will be responsible to support and coordinate project implementation of all projects under the Kenya country program. S/he will oversee the success of the all projects through ensuring that all activities are implemented in accordance to donor and AAH-I requirements and all deliverables are met. S/he will support in the development and implementation of a robust M&E system to ensure that Project Officers are able to report on and monitor project progress and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of projects. The Programme Officer will act as a liaison between project and Nairobi office management, procurements and logistics functions. S/he will participate in resource mobilisation for the further development of the AAH-I Kenya programme.
The full JD is available on the AAH-I website.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Social Sciences, Project Management, Agriculture or Business Administration or relevant discipline with further training in management.
- Minimum eight years’ experience working in project management with atleast three years in senior or middle management level
- Master degree will be an added advantage
Skills and Competences
- Excellent understanding of projects development and management
- Strong planning and supervisory skills
- An eye for detail and ability to self-direct and initiate action from others
- Well developed training skills in project data management, data control and analysis
- Have skills in livelihoods programming with a value chains and business development orientation.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly in a high-pressure environment and to prioritize and effectively manage assignments and meet deadlines
- Good relationship building skills with government officials, stakeholders and communities
- Excellent computer and report writing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovation and ability to identify and pursue funding sources
- Have Monitoring and evaluation skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to [email protected]. The Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. Deadline for applications is 24th January 2017. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer. Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted. AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.
- Job City Nairobi