The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been implementing projects for Internally Displaced Persons and Refugees in Northern Uganda and West Nile respectively, since 1997. Having smoothly phased-out by end of August 2014, NRC reopened from September 2014, to compliment efforts of the Government of Uganda and UN in supporting the South Sudanese Refugees currently settled in the Districts of Yumbe, Adjumani and Arua in West Nile. With funding from SIDA, NMFA, UNHCR and ECHO, NRC will implement Education, Livelihoods and WASH projects (and related activities) in Adjumani/Arua/yUMBE refugee settlements in 2015 moving forward.
The NRC now seeks to recruit a Project Coordinator for the Education Project.
The position holder will therefore, among other things, ensure that NRC/donor standards are met throughout the project cycle, supervise technical staff and coordinate activities both internally and externally. The position holders shall:
- Coordinate and implement the Education project according to strategy, proposals and plans
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Develop annual activity and work plans
- Supervise, train and develop of Education staff
- Promote and share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities
- Cooperate with relevant partners and local authorities
- Organize trainings for the Education team, relevant partners and beneficiaries
- Write Monthly activity/project reports and other reporting as required
- Ensure proper filing of all project documents
- Specific tasks are:
- Coordination of Accelerated Learning Programme (ALP)
- Take overall responsibility for the running the Education activities in Adjumani/Rhino Camp
- Take lead and participate in actual Education design, inception and implementation.
- Ensure the quality, direction and consistency of the Accelerated Learning Programme (ALP)
- Bachelor of Arts in Education/Social Sciences/Development studies
- 4 years’ experience from working as an Education Project Coordinator in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in refugee contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of the context in Adjumani/Arua
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Manage performance to optimize results
- Salary: As per NRC Uganda Salary Scale
- Duty Station: Adjumani, West Nile, Uganda
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Job City Adjumani, West Nile