The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s headquarters in Ibadan.
Security Guard (4 Positions)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Protect the forest fauna and flora (provide 24 hours security cover for the forest);
- Prevent hunters incursion into the forest and raise alarm to the presence of hunters on campus;
- Apprehend poachers/violators where possible;
- Report unauthorized entry into the protected areas;
- Promptly report fire incidents to the Security Control Unit;
- Serve as part of the campus environ crime intelligence gathering network;
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor;
O’Level with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar role.
Ideal Candidate must:
- Be physically fit, bold and fearless.
- Have good communication skill.
- Be able to ride motorcycle and operate security communications.
- Have good knowledge of IITA and its environment
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
- Job City Ibadan