Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Consultancy: Senior Research Coordinator
Palladium/MEASURE Evaluation is seeking a senior-level research coordinator to provide short-term support to a research study in Gaza, Sofala and Zambezia. The consultant will work in coordination with MEASURE Evaluation’s research team in Mozambique and the United States.
Scope of Work
MEASURE Evaluation has been tasked with categorizing male sexual partners of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in three districts (XAI XAI, Beira, Quelimane) in Mozambique. Tod do this we will conduct a two-part study. Part 1 is a qualitative study using focus group discussion (FGD) to obtain information from AGYW about their male sexual partners. In each district we will conduct five FGDs with AGYW of different demographic profiles. FGD participants will be recruited from schools, youth clubs, market places and other sites of business, household residences, and health facilities with the support of PEPFAR-funded project staff and local Government.
We are seeking a consultant who can travel to each district, build stakeholder interest in the study, and outline a recruitment strategy for the FGDs in collaboration with stakeholders, in collaboration with our local data collection partner. The tasks are as follows:
- Determine the participation for a stakeholder reference group in each district;
- Organize visits with key stakeholders in advance of travel to the three districts. This will include sending emails and making phone calls to appropriate contacts, as well as finding a location to hold any meetings.
- Organize travel logistics to three districts, in coordination with Palladium’s administrative support team in Mozambique.
- Convene stakeholders to share information about the study and agree an engagement plan;
- With stakeholders, detail a recruitment strategy for each of the 5 FGDs.
There will be three deliverables associated with this work: 1) participant list of the stakeholder reference group in each district, 2)terms of reference for each stakeholder reference group including roles and responsibilities of specific members; and 3) a detailed recruitment strategy for each FGD (15 total).
Period of Performance
The period of performance of this consultancy is February-March 2017. The total number of days is to be determined (approximately 10-15). This work will involve 2-3 days of travel to each district, in addition to preliminary home-based planning work.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience coordinating research activities.
- Exemplary stakeholder coordination skills.
- Knowledge of the local stakeholders. Candidates with current relationships with stakeholdersin these three districts will be prioritized.
- Clear and up-to-date understanding of gender issues affecting youth in Mozambique. Work experience in youth and gender issues throughout Mozambique desirable.
- Experience consulting and interacting with local government and key stakeholders in Mozambique.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Proven track record in submitting deliverables on time.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Portuguese
- Cultural awareness and gender-sensitivity
- Ability to travel throughout the country. Candidates who are resident in Mozambique are strongly preferred.
- Previous work experience with PEPFAR highly desirable.
Interested candidates should submittheir CV, a cover letter summarizing their skills and availability, as well as 3 referenceswho can attest to the consultants’s competence to [email protected] by COB January 28th.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This solicitation does not guarantee work.
- Job City Maputo