The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 4000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011. Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
The NRC Horn of Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counseling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab, Mandera and Kakuma.
The Youth Education and livelihoods Project is a program of the Norwegian Refugee Council with support from UNHCR, and other agencies and institutions in education. The main objective is to ensure that displaced youth are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge to enhance protection, improve their knowledge and become productive members of their communities.
Youth Education and livelihoods Project is a non-formal education progrmme for refugees and local host population in between 15 – 24 years old, which combines literacy and Numeracy skills, life skills and vocational skills training. The training period is for 1 year and is full time, five days a week.
The Skills instructor (Plumbing and pipe fitting) will report to the Project Officer- Education.
CANDIDATES SHOULD APPLY ON LINE BY GOING THROUGH www.nrc.no. EMAIL AND PAPER APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- Develop and Prepare appropriate training materials for efficient and effective delivery of the skills.
- Conduct training sessions as per the curriculum.
- Conduct continuous assessment of learners and ensure that they clearly understand the skills.
- Participate in the training curriculum development that suits the market needs.
- Responsible for proper management of training materials, tools and equipment.
- Ensure proper utilization of all project training materials, tools and equipment.
- Ensure training materials, tools and equipment are safely stored after use by students
- Responsible for basic repairs of machines, tools and equipment while executing duties.
- Ensure close and good working relationship between the training centre and the community.
- Prepare the learners to face life positively and with self-confidence and independently
- Curriculum implementation and evaluation
- Managing training resources
- Promoting community participation in skills development.
- A diploma or higher National diploma in plumbing and pipe fitter from a reputable training institution.
- Technically and professionally qualified vocational skills trainer from a reputable training institution
- Excellent interpersonal and Communication skills
- 2 years relevant experience in hands on training on plumbing and pipe fitter.
- Proficiency skills in plumbing and pipe fitting training.
- Adaptable to new educational methods and approaches.
- Clear vision ,Creativity, articulate, accurate and keen to detail
- Flexibility, reliability and a team spirit
- Ability to work long hours and in challenging situations
- Academy college / University
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Duty station: Kakuma
- Contract period is up to December 2017 with possibility of extension. Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Job City Kakuma