Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a global USAID-funded five-year project awarded to Palladium (formerly Futures Group) on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country and sub-national levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in the areas of family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. HP+ aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs. HP+ will help public health and policy leaders attach higher priority to their national and sub-national health needs, secure sustainable financing, advance health equity, and monitor policy implementation to ensure gains stay on track. HP+ aims to secure long-term enduring change by working with coalitions both inside and outside of health and showing common cause with neglected populations and other development actors. Central elements of HP+ revolve around building in-country capacity, institutionalizing achievements of past investments, and promoting country ownership of programs and initiatives.
Under the HP+ program in Nigeria, Palladium is seeking State Policy and Advocacy Advisors for Sokoto, Bauchi and Ebonyi States. Primarily, they will be responsible for delivery of all the components of the HP+ project at the state level. Specifically, they will provide content knowledge, technical assistance, consultation, and support for the development and execution of family planning advocacy, policy communication, and policy development and implementation activities at the state level. The individual will collaborate with a variety of government, civil society and private sector partners on policy and advocacy activities with the goal of increasing support and funding for quality family planning services and programs. Responsibilities require knowledge of family planning policy and advocacy issues in Nigeria and a good understanding of the state. S/he will report to the HP+ Senior Policy and Advocacy Advisor with technical and operational support from the FP/Health Financing Advisor and the Finance/Operations Manager. These positions will be based in Sokoto, Bauchi and Ebonyi, Nigeria.
The position is restricted to Nigerian nationals.
- Under the guidance of HP+ project National team, conceptualizes and provides leadership support for technical activities in family planning policy, advocacy, stewardship, health financing and other related areas at the state level.
- Lead in the implementation of HP+ project annual workplan at the state level ensuring that lessons learnt are documented and built into the design and redesign of the project implementation strategies.
- Lead in ensuring there is enabling environment for the implementation of the project at the state level by maintaining good and professional relationship with relevant stakeholders in the state.
- Stays abreast of key developments in family planning policy in Nigeria especially at the state level in order to inform technical support activities under the HP+ Nigeria Country Program. This includes frequent interaction with the State Government stakeholders relevant to this area as well as other key stakeholders including Community Based Organisations in the state.
- Contributes in the preparation of family planning policy analyses, recommendations, policy briefs, and assessments for client and government use.
- Ensures that policy briefs and policy communication materials are disseminated to the right audiences at the state levels in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance within the project team on monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and documentation of project results.
- Represents the projects, company,and programs in the family planning policy area in the state, as well as with others in the professional community.
- Conducts all work to accepted standards of research ethics.
- Actively participates in the development of annual work planning, design, implementation, and reporting related to project technical activities.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in family planning policy, advocacy and policy communication in Nigeria
- Master’s Degree or higher in public health, public policy, political science, public administration, communication or a related technical degree.
- Experience: 5 years of experience required
- Fluency in state?s local language is required.
- Demonstrated strength and experience providing technical assistance, writing technical reports, and policy briefs targeted to decision makers.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and build consensus across diverse sets of stakeholders.
- Experience in client relationship management, reporting, program work planning is preferred.
- Experience in M&E and documentation of project results is desirable.
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Prior experience working with USG-funded programs is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences
- Strong facilitation skills required
- Ability and willingness to travel within the State
- Job City Sokota, Bauchi, Ebonyi