The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Study Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
This full-time two-year fixed-term contract position.
The main purpose of this position is to coordinate and direct the onsite activities of the clinical trial.
- Matric + tertiary degree or diploma in health related field
- Two to five years’ experience in a similar environment
- Knowledge of GCP guidelines and clinical trial site processes
- Computer skills; Email, Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Result focused
- Strong client focus
- Ability to build interpersonal relationships and partnerships
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Resource Management
- Planning and organising
- Ability to work well in a team
- Committed to quality
- Leadership skills
- Managing conflict
- Ability to manage and tolerate stress
- Strong work ethics
- Clinical Qualification – advantageous
- Project Management experience – advantageous
- Values fit; Passion, Innovation, Progress, Integrity, Respect, Excellence
- Study protocol implementation- Relevant Study Documents are readily available and study is implemented as per GCP
- Recruitment and Retention of study participants- Accrual targets are met and participants are retained for the duration of the study
- Quality Assurance and Data Management – Data is accurately and timeously captured. The study protocol is implemented correctly and reports are submitted timeously
- Staff Training- Ensuring work schedules are available for all staff and that training needs are identified followed by relevant training delivered
- Community Liaison – The community is engaged and regularly updated about study activities
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager [email protected]
Job reference: #DTHF/C086
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
- Job City Cape Town