Chemonics seeks a technical component manager for an anticipated five year USAID teacher education and school strengthening activity in Egypt. The project aims to develop the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) school system across Egypt through STEM teacher education and school strengthening. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Collaborate with the chief of party or deputy chief of party to coordinate all technical activities related to introducing teacher education at the university level, improving in-services teachers’ preparation, and supporting the Ministry of Education to expand, strengthen, and sustain STEM schools
- Share new knowledge/evidence and best practices related to STEM education and educational reform at the university and pre-university levels
- Support and guide a team of technical experts to develop professional development packages, course design, curriculum development, and systematic and institutional reform
- Provide technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based methods and strategies, current practice, and established research standards
- Master’s degree in education or other relevant field from an accredited university required; Ph.D. degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the successful development and implementation of educational reform at university and pre-university levels, preferably in STEM education
- Strong knowledge of literacy and learning, preferably with experience in one or more areas of curriculum development, teacher education, and/or educational policy reform
- Proven experience in mentorship and staff capacity building
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English (writing and speaking) required
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of your CV and cover letter to [email protected] by January 15, 2017, with “Technical component manager” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and finalists will be contacted.
- Job City Cairo