Chemonics seeks technical experts and specialists for the anticipated four year, $12 to $18 million USAID Assess the Learners (YESA) project in Malawi. YESA will create a multilevel monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system for the National Reading Programme to assist the Malawian government in improving the reading skills of students nationwide. YESA will implement activities at the national level and in all 5,500 schools and communities. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Chief of party
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning advisor
- Community mobilization specialist
- Reading assessment specialist
- Other long-term positions
- Master’s degree in a monitoring and evaluation field
- Minimum eight years of experience working in M&E sector, including at least five years of experience with monitoring, evaluation, and learning for reading assessments and analysis
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing a monitoring, evaluation, and learning systems of broadly comparable scale and scope to that required for YESA.
- Minimum five years of demonstrated experience in data collection and processing and in ensuring data quality in the education sector or a related field
- Demonstrated relevant technical abilities necessary for high-quality M&E
- Strong demonstrated capacity for spatial analysis, including the use of geographic information systems
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required; Chichewa proficiency preferred
Interested applicants should send in their applications at the designated formstack links under “Positions required” by January 18, 2017. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
- Job City Malawi