Créée en 1979, Action contre la Faim est une organisation non gouvernementale internationale qui lutte contre la faim dans le monde. Sa charte des principes humanitaires – indépendance, neutralité, non-discrimination, accès libre et direct aux victimes, professionnalisme, transparence – fonde son identité depuis plus de 40 ans. Sa mission est de sauver des vies en éliminant la faim par la prévention, la détection et le traitement de la sous-nutrition, en particulier pendant et après les situations d’urgence liées aux conflits et aux catastrophes naturelles. Action contre la Faim coordonne ses programmes autour de 5 domaines d’activités : Nutrition et Santé – Santé Mentale, Soutien Psychosocial et Protection – Sécurité Alimentaire et Moyens d’Existence – Eau, Assainissement et Hygiène – Plaidoyer. En 2021, Action contre la Faim est venue en aide à plus de 25 millions de personnes dans 46 pays à travers le monde.
VOTRE POSTE ET VOS RESPONSABILITÉS
Under the responsability of the Country Director, you have the overall responsibility for the area, overseeing the development and implementation of programmes according to ACF’s mandate and procedures, providing leadership and coordinating the activities of programme and support teams.
You will be specificaly in charge of :
– Developing the strategy for the area of intervention, in line with the mission’s orientations, and coordinates the implementation of this strategy
– External relations and reflections on the development of project proposals, and coordinate the implementation of programmes
– Managing the teams in the intervention area (recruitment of the team, supervision, individual action plans, performance reviews, training…)
– Internal and external reporting according to agreed formats and deadlines, as well as the functionality of accountability, anti-fraud and ATS mechanisms
– The management of security in his area by collecting and analysing information, draw up the local security plan, guarantee compliance with safety rules, manage security incidents…
– Supervising and ensuring the smooth running of the support functions by supervising the Support Manager, ensuring a good level of communication with the coordination teams and ensuring synergy and communication between the technical and support teams in the field
You hold a Master’s Degree, ideally in Humanitarian Program Coordination, International Development or International Relations and you have at least 3 years of field experience in operational management of humanitarian programs in a similar role.
You also have experiences in emergency contexts and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a managerial role and in security and safety management in volatile environments.
Moreover, you have excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills and you are passionate about management, and have the ability to support and empower your team. You have excellent adaptable skill and cultural awareness and are able to work with various nationalities.
You are fluent in English and Portuguese (Italian and Spanish speakers can also be considered for the position).
VOS CONDITIONS D’EMPLOI
– 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 503EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
- Job City Mozambique