World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Position Title: Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Facilitator (5)
Location: Gokwe North, Buhera, Chimanimani, Mt Darwin, Mudzi
Purpose of the Position:
To assist in operationalising accountability and monitoring functions in the assigned district. This position functions to integrate field level operations of monitoring and accountability, including field level enumeration and data entry in accordance with the project monitoring framework, and consolidation of monitoring and accountability information at field level for local operations and decision making.
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Expand technical knowledge base of monitoring and evaluation standards and initiatives and serve as a resource person, providing conceptual and practical best practice expertise to the district field staff;
- At a minimum, understand and be able to convey to others through training, briefs etc up to date information and resources for minimum standards for monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs such as the leap, Sphere and FANTA guidelines.
- At minimum, understand and be able to convey to others the Red Cross and Red Crescent Code of Conduct, HAP-I Standard, ECB Good Enough Guide, Sphere Standard (Humanitarian Charter and Participation Standard), donor requirements and WV Zimbabwe accountability guidelines.
- Develop monthly work plans in liaison with the Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Work with field level operational staff and district stakeholders to lead the implementation of appropriate complaints and response and information provision systems in the district, ensure its smooth operation
- Participate in the baseline, mid-term and end of term evaluations of programmes in accordance with the LEAP framework
- Monitor project implementation and progress of programmes by use of qualitative, quantitative and participatory approaches in data collection from stakeholders
- Compile, record, and file field level data from monitoring tools and accountability systems using relevant and appropriate computer packages and information management systems.
- Provide field-level training and quality assurance for information required from other stakeholders (i.e. clinics)
- Immediately raise sensitive or important complaints with the Program Manager and A, M, E Officer.
- Strategize with A, M & E Officers / Facilitators to formulate solutions to operational challenges
- Work together and build productive working relationships with the district and Area Program teams to operationalise Accountability and monitoring functions and systems.
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned by the Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Knowledge and Skills:
- Diploma in Social Sciences/Economics/Operations Research & Statistics or any related field.
- Working knowledge of statistical packages ( SPSS, CS-Pro, Epi-Info and Excel)
- Experience in conducting surveys / assessments
- 2 years’ experience in WV M&E and/or Accountability systems an added advantage
- Experience in food aid and/or health sector programming preferred
- Clean class four driver’s license and motorcycle riding an advantage
- Willing/Desire to be based in the field.
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organisational relationships
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Job City Bulawayo