INTERSOS is an independent, no-profit organization which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure. The head office in Italy coordinates, supports and monitors the planned activities in the countries of intervention carried out by decentralised offices. The statutory bodies of INTERSOS, are: the Members Assembly, the Council, the Society for Auditing and Certification of Accounts.
Intersos, established in 1992, is recognised by the Italian Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the European Commission and the principal UN agencies; it is privileged to hold an advisory status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
Work location Maiduguri (Roving)
N. of positions 1
Starting date 1 st July 2019
Contract duration 5 Months
Reporting to M & E Manager
2. Job description
A. General purpose of the position, responsibilities and tasks
General purpose of the position
The main purpose of the role is to Support INTERSOS Programs establishing/strengthening and managing the accountability system for
efficiency, transparency and quality program implemntations.
Reporting to the M&amp;E Manager and closely working with program and front-line staff.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Establish/Strengthen a complaints and response mechanism (CRM) in each location on the highest levels of integrity which beneficiaries
- will trust and ensures that they can make confidential complaints
- and be confident of the response processes.
- Monitor complaints received and response (follow-up) processes through developing and maintaining a tracking mechanism.
- Ensure that feedback is routinely recorded, reviewed and responded timely in line with feedback mechanism guidelines.
- Be the first point of contact for beneficiary, staff and stakeholder complaints.
- Maintain and update the cfm database; and provide timely update project staff based on the nature of feedback.
- Analyze patterns and trends in complaints to help improve programming.
- Generate periodic reports and share with project teams and the meal department.
- Conduct periodic field visit to ensure that accountability systems are in place and the necessary support is provided as needed.
- Review accountability systems periodically and update any changes if deemed necessary in consultation with the M & E Manager and PMs.
- Participate in internal and external meetings related to humanitarian accountability.
- Lead in developing a responsive, functional and appropriate feed backing mechanism which can improve current project
- implementation and guide future programming.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
3. Position requirements
Education Minimum of B.Sc/HND in Any discipline (preferably statistics or social sciences) from a recognized higher institution
At least 2 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development and emergency projects.
Hands-on experience of monitoring/Evaluation and supporting community based development programmes.
Manage and organize information systems, establish and maintain filing systems
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimum supervision.
- Excellent command of English and local language oral and written.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and excellence as a team player.
- Must possess the ability to learn with speed and ease.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, powerpoint
- presentation etc.) are an added advantage.
- Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high
- organizational skills.
- Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
- Languages English, Hausa (Kanuri and/or Shua desirable)
- Highly motivated, flexible, reliable and trustworthy
- As a general input to this section, not mandatory requirements are followed by the word ‘‘desirable’’ in
- brackets. All other requirements are considered as mandatory.
Method of Application
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach your CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that only applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 20th June 2019 at 22:00PM
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.
- Job City Borno