The Activity Manager/SI Advisor will lead coordination and support technical management of all aspects of the activity, including all reporting and activity implementation responsibilities. This position will report to the M&E Lead within NERCHA. The Activity Manager/SI Advisor will have the following responsibilities:
Oversight and development of M&E systems and tools
- Provide management oversight for the entire portfolio of the project, including the design of the monitoring framework and on-going configuration of digital platforms (including visualization dashboards) to track outputs, intermediate and behavioral indicators at the community, regional, and country levels, by activity staff and partners, as identified in the project’s Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) plan.
Data analysis and reporting
- Visualize data as requested using District Health Information System 2 (DHIS2) – Community Data for Action Platform (CDAP) and other Geographic Information Systems (GIS) functions (managing custom dashboards)
- Support project regional offices and work in close collaboration with the regional clinic partners and client management information system (CMIS) as well as project community and regional teams to assist in the triangulation and analysis of community prevention and care data with the clinical (HMIS) data.
- Track, analyze and produce comprehensive and succinct reports and documentation on indicators and measures, and manage reporting to PEPFAR’s DATIM system
- Conduct data cleaning and analysis on a monthly basis and produce graphs and reports for quarterly PEPFAR reporting.
Capacity strengthening and training
- Assist community and regional leaders to utilize tools to collect and analyze their own data for decision making
- Co-facilitate training workshops, including agenda, curriculum, manuals and materials necessary to appropriately train individuals involved in monitoring activities and data use.
- Train and oversee regional M&E officers and other field staff on the use of monitoring tools and CDAP, including trouble shooting for CDAP
- Provide support to and build the capacity of partner organizations and existing traditional structures to design, implement, and evaluate community engagement activities.
Coordination and communication
- Under the objectives of this activity coordinate with partners and stakeholders within the Ministry of Tinkhundla Administration and Development (MTAD), NERCHA, Ministry of Education and Training (MOET), Ministry of Health (MOH), PEPFAR and Global Fund partners about platform integration and regional and national reporting
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with PEPFAR and United States Government (USG) monitoring and evaluation requirements, in particular PEPFAR reporting and MER indicators (including data entry and analysis in PEPFAR’s DATIM system)
- Ability to quickly learn digital techniques
- Mastery in knowledge and application of the monitoring continuum, socioecological model, and Pathways model within two months of hire
- Experience in GIS/Geospatial mapping, web-based data management system (preferably DHIS2 and/or Open Data Kit), and/or mHealth and mobile data collection
- Fluent in English and Siswati, both written and spoken; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with a web-based data management system
- Experience monitoring Social Behaviour Change programs
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Master’s degree in related field
- 7-9 years of experience in public health, epidemiology, behavioral or social science, demography, or related background
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- 10% – 25%
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Mbabane, Eswatini