Plan International is an independent child-centered international development organization committed to advancing the rights of children and fight against poverty. Plan has no religious, political and government affiliation. For over 78 years, we have supported girls and boys and their communities around the world to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights, free themselves from poverty and live positive fulfilling lives. Plan currently works in 70 countries including Nigeria.
Plan International officially started operations in Nigeria in 2014 and works to strengthen and promote the rights of children. Our programme is currently focused on basic education; improve community health services, youth and citizens’ participation in governance and creating economic opportunities and livelihoods for the poor, building resilient communities through our emergency and humanitarian response in the Northeast. Plan Nigeria works with communities, civil society organizations, development partners, government at all levels and the private sector. We are looking for people who are experienced, dedicated, have passion and want to make a difference in the lives of people
Admin and Logistics Assistant
Role Purpose: To provide support to sound office and logistics management for all project activities in line with policies of Plan International, donor and Nigeria, including its laws. To contribute to the provision of regular and detailed administrative report to inform project management decisions
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
- Maintain general office systems including filing; including following up on timely timesheet submission; sending, receiving and distributing documents; and’ photocopying/Scanning.
- Coordinate and prepare mailings, including production, photocopying, assembling, posting and courier/shipping.
- Assist in the distribution of checks to vendors.
- Ensure the office is properly cleaned and well maintained.
- Work with the driver to ensure all vehicle documentations are in order, including but not limited to maintenance and fueling.
- Assist in sourcing for quotations towards the procurement of goods and materials for program delivery as per corporate procedures to ensure value for money is obtained
- Support program activities in the field where necessary.
- Keep and maintain store records and materials to ensure prompt supply of materials to staff for the effective discharge of their work without any disruptions of work-flow
- Implement the travel plans for all visiting staff/consultants/personnel’s.
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Maintain good professional relationship with relevant vendors.
- Perform additional and miscellaneous job-related duties for the office as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A BSc or HND in related financial/Business administration courses.
- At least 2 years practical work experience in supporting financial and administrative systems for donor funded projects.
- At least 1 Year experience in a humanitarian response programme with focus on logistics management
- Job City Borno