FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
- Under the direction of the Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of administrative and logistical services to the directorate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in arranging travel logistics for department staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handle all photocopying assignments, development and printing of documents and photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the office.
- Assist in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assist in the maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies.
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the department.
- Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the department (as relevant).
- Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff of the department.
- Assist with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Coordinate office supplies needs and manage A&T supplies
- Supervise drivers
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A good university Degree, recognized equivalent or HND with 1-2-years relevant experience
- OND with at least 4-5 years experience
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is an advantage.
- Familiarity with international NGOs is an advantage.
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Typing skills.
- Job City Abuja