Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is a child relief Non-Governmental Organization with a presence in over 30 countries of the world and more than 90 projects. Our goal is to make a significant and lasting difference to the lives of children in need.
We support children in areas of Child and Maternal health, protection, Water and sanitation and Migration. Our humanitarian services sector aid children in crisis situations across the world. Tdh in Nigeria will implement projects in Health, Wash and Child Protection sectors.
- Under the direct supervision of the Administrative & Financial Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant supports the Administrative & Financial Coordinator in implementing and supervising all the activities related to finance, accounting, cash management and human resources.
- In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving financial and administrative documents.
- He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the Administrative & Financial Coordinator in his/her absence.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Administrative Management of Personnel:
- Welcome and participate in administrative briefing of new personnel
- Assist the administrator for the administrative management of recruitment and hiring
- Participate in the organization of training
- Ensure archiving and monitoring of individual dossiers and deliver all documents relative to the professional life of Tdh employees
- Ensure the confidentiality of all HR datas
- Participate in the monitoring of work contracts on the base
- Collect payment details and integrate them into the HR database
- Issue pay slips and supervise payment of salaries after approval by the administrator
- Calculate taxes and duties and create pay records for the relevant organizations
- Keep an organization chart up to date for the base
- Assist the administrative in the organization and conduct of meetings with personnel representatives
- Participate in the application of policies relating to salaries and benefits for Tdh
- Monitor changes in the cost of living
- Train and support team members under his or her supervision
- Ensure the minimal replacement of members of the admin services in case of absence (days of, sickness etc.)
Treasury / Accounting / Management:
- Supervise the physical maintenance and safety of cash boxes
- Manage the petty cash
- Manage and follow up the pay-outs and advances, within established guidelines
- Keep the registry of cash pay-outs and the cashier’s register
- Verify, before recording, that records conform to regulations and procedures of Tdh
- Translate accounting documents if necessary
- Exchange currencies at request of superiors
- Verify cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to superior
- Prepare monthly closing, revision and integrity of accounts
- Issue vouchers, supervise archiving of records
- Participate in audits or any checks issued by partners or head office, at the base level
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at the base level
- Monitor due dates for payments of contracts managed by the administrative coordinator
- List liquidity needs in concert with the admin coordinator
- Record budgetary transfers and keep accounting codes
- Archive accounting records according to Tdh procedures after a final verification of receipts etc.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
Reporting / Communication:
- Participate in supervision of regulations in effect
- Aid admin coordinator in relations with administrative authorities
- Language Skills: Fluent in local languages and in English, (speaking/reading/writing).
- Education Degree: University degree in Finance, Accounting
- Work experience: Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
- Knowledge & skills: Good analytical and writing skills
- Computer skills: Good knowledge of the MS office software. Excellent in Excel
- Other: Knowledge of humanitarian actors/Good management and pedagogical skills
- Other knowledge: Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations
- Work in relief sector
- Strong motivation to help people in needs
- Accounting and finance
- Transversal skills
- Honest and trustworthy
- Reliable, rigorous and well organized
- Motivated and dedicated to his/her job
- Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able and willing to learn to extend his/her scope of work
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
Method of Application
Applicants should send their copies of updated CV’s, Letter of Motivation and National ID card and reference contacts to: [email protected] The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be conducted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- Job City Borno