By sharing knowledge and science, CABI tackles global issues like poverty, hunger, education, equality, sustainability, climate change, and biodiversity. We do this by helping farmers grow more and lose less of what they produce, combating threats to agriculture and the environment from pests and diseases, protecting natural habitats from invasive species, and improving access to scientific knowledge.
CABI is an international, inter-governmental, not-for-profit organization that improves people’s lives worldwide by providing information and applying scientific expertise to solve problems in agriculture and the environment. Our approach involves putting information, skills, and tools into people’s hands. CABI’s 49 Member Countries guide and influence our work which is delivered by scientific staff based in our global network of centres.
CABI is committed to making a difference and playing its part in creating a brighter, more equitable, and sustainable future.
The Agri-digital Tools Communications Coordinator will play a pivotal role in marketing our suite of digital tools decision-support tools and e-learning products (such as the CABI BioProtection Portal, the Crop Sprayer App, and newly developed e-learning courses) designed to support and empower agriculture service providers in Kenya. They will be responsible for creating and implementing marketing strategies, fostering partner relationships, and ensuring effective communication regarding our digital tools to increase the reach and uptake. This is a short-term contract (4 months).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
1. Digital Tools Marketing
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies to promote CABI’s Agridigital tools, including mobile applications, web platforms, and data analytics solutions, as well as traditional channels mostly used by advisors and farmers through which awareness about the products could be achieved.
- Create engaging content and marketing materials tailored to various target audiences within the agriculture sector.
- Implement search engine optimization and digital advertising campaigns to increase tool visibility and user acquisition.
2. Partner Management
- Identify and prioritize organizations to collaborate with for promoting digital decision-support tools and e-learning products, including research institutions, government agencies, academia, NGOs, and other stakeholders within the agriculture sector.
- Collaborate with partners to leverage their networks and resources for the promotion and adoption of CABI’s digital tools.
- Ensure effective communication and alignment of goals with partners.
- Identify and prioritize organizations to collaborate with for promoting digital decision-support tools and e-learning products.
3. Communication and Outreach
- Establish a network with farmer, advisory, and agro-input dealer organizations at the national and community level.
Develop and deliver a suite of communication materials and tools (including social media, email marketing, webinars, and conferences), that can be used to send messaging to the target audiences.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key industry influencers and experts to enhance our digital presence.
- Monitor and respond to user inquiries and feedback, ensuring a positive user experience.
4. Data Analysis and Reporting
- Work with advisors and farmers to understand user experiences and ways in which the products could be improved.
- Utilize digital analytics tools to track key performance indicators related to tool marketing efforts and user engagement, and identify which approaches increased user engagement.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations to assess the impact of marketing strategies and recommend improvements.
- Gather lessons learned for future replication in other countries
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Marketing, Digital Technology, Communications, or a related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience working and communicating with agro-advisory service providers, farmers, and other stakeholders
- Proven experience in marketing digital tools or products, with a strong understanding of digital marketing concepts and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to convey technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Proficiency in digital marketing tools and platforms, including search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, social media, and digital advertising.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and cultivate partnerships with external organizations and stakeholders.
- Knowledge or experience in the agriculture or agribusiness sector is highly desirable.
Grade: Short-term- 4 months
Reporting to: Dev Comms Lead Africa with matrix reporting to Global Agri-digital Tools Coordination
Direct reports: None
- Job City Nairobi