Title: Agriculture Manager
Location: Bamako, Mali
Report to: R&D director
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO.
About the Role:
We operate in a part of the world already experiencing the harsh consequences of climate change, and our farmers are among the most vulnerable populations. The agriculture manager takes your agricultural expertise to propose recommendations on how to increase farmer income and food security, balanced with myAgro’s business model, the supply chain, the field team capability, and farmer behavior. The agriculture manager reports to the R&D director and will establish a team of agriculture specialists and manage agriculture pilots.
- Manage agriculture pilots: you will manage the country-based agriculture teams, including creating quality training materials, developing work plans, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- Design agriculture programs: you will work with agriculture specialists researching successful agroforestry innovations and use the results of the pilots to inform decision-making and shape the agriculture programs
- Analyze and communicate findings: you will set up and manage M&E activities, indicator and data management systems and facilitate communication among teams.
- 5+ years or more of managing teams and agriculture programs – preferably including a background in scaling and expanding programs.
- Designed and/or developed agriculture programs in rural areas of Africa.
- Held a position on the crossroads between multiple departments.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Annual flight benefit
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
Application Process and Deadline
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
- Job City Bamako