Department: Transparency & Compliance
Position: Archiving & Records Intern (02)
Direct Hierarchy: Compliance Officer
Contract Type: Temporary Contract (06 months)
Remuneration: UGX 360,000 – UGX 467,000
ACTED has been working in Uganda since 2007 and is familiar with the challenges that Ugandans face in their everyday lives and during more challenging times, such as during extended dry periods.
ACTED maintains offices in the capital, Kampala, and in Karamoja, and the organization is currently implementing projects in Nakasongola and Mbarara Districts, and in Nakapiripirit District, Karamoja.
Projects in Nakapiripirit focus on building community resilience to shocks, such as floods and droughts, while ACTED’s work in Nakasongola and Mbarara focuses on monitoring and mitigating greenhouse gas emissions associated with cattle farming, thus contributing to Uganda’s efforts to combat climate change.
ACTED Uganda is looking for a self-driven and self-oriented persons to fill the position of Archiving & Records Intern based in Kampala-Uganda.
I. Job Purpose
The Archiving & Records Intern will be responsible for supporting records creation, appraising, accessioning, preserving, describing, maintaining and providing access to records and archives both in paper and electronic formats. S/He will keep ACTED’s documents on track and preserve them for future use with the guidance of ACTED information management Policies and guidelines under the administrative direction of the Compliance Officer.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
- Sorting, re-organization and recording of all ACTED project and operational documentations.
- Maintaining physical control and security of records/archives in various formats (paper & digital) according to agreed processes and procedures.
- Identifying old records for disposal and participating in the development of a records disposal plan/list with the Compliance Officer.
- Ensuring all Shelves are well labelled for easy document identification by internal & external users.
- Capture, analyze, organize and record all important information that serves to identify, manage, locate and explain archival materials and context of internal records.
- Developing an internal database for tracking ACTED Project records.
- Supporting in scanning of all project files and uploading them on to the server in accordance to the ACTED scan & Digitization Policy framework.
- Developing a database for tracking the records retention schedule.
- Coordinating with Compliance Officer to liaise with HODs for missing Physical documentation.
- Support transfers and deposits by ensuring proper handling and packaging of records & archives by ACTED staff/ identified agency.
III. Qualifications/Skills Required
- Enrolled for a recognized undergraduate program at the time of application with a background in relevant course such as Records & Archiving Management, Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting and Finance or any other equivalent
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Fluent in oral and written English
Motivated and qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications not later than 09/07/2022 11:59PM to [email protected] by with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR ARCHIVING & RECORDS INTERN – UGANDA accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 02 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitment**.**
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer