ActionAid (AA) Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit Intern
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reporting to: Internal Auditor
Line Management: None
- To assist the Internal Auditor in ensuring the system of internal control is adequate to achieve management objectives in an efficient and effective manner, established procedures are being properly followed, assets are safeguarded and that resources are judiciously utilized, Management information is sound and adequate, risk management and analysis framework including those of partners are developed and enhanced.
- Support the Internal Auditor to undertake audit of statutory accounts and ancillary records (cash and bank, payroll, creditors and accruals, debtors and prepayments, imprests, floats and petty cash etc.)
- Assist the Internal Auditor to conduct audits of local implementing partners and ActionAid Nigeria funded programmes and projects.
- With supervision from the Internal Auditor, evaluate maximum compliance on all types of financial, accounting, administrative and operational control systems;
- To conduct physical verification of all tangible assets of the organization and identify their locations;
- To pay regular visits to programme areas and partners to ensure that procedures and guidelines specified in the Policy documents are properly adhered to.
- Review accounting records and systems within the overall context of the organization’s internal control network;
- With guidance from the Internal Auditor, examine financial and operating information for management, including detailed testing of transactions and reports;
- Jointly review the level of compliance in respect of corporate policies, plans, procedures, guidelines, laws and regulations;
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Internal Auditor.
- First degree in Accounting is essential
- Student Membership of ICAN is desirable
- At least 1-2 years post NYSC experience in Auditing or Accounting is essential
- Cognate reporting experience is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) & experience in handling cash is essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal and both oral and written communication skills
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Should be willing to travel widely & at short notice.
- Team player
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 22nd July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only applications submitted online will be considered.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.
- Job City Abuja, Nigeria