Forcier is a multi-disciplinary research and monitoring & evaluation firm operating across Africa and the Middle East since 2011. Our core services include program evaluations, opinion polling, third party monitoring, and capacity building for UN Agencies, NGOs, governments and private sector clients operating in post-conflict and challenging environments. Forcier currently has country offices in Juba, South Sudan and Maputo, Mozambique and a regional office in Kampala, Uganda.
Job Description: Forcier is seeking a Business Development Officer to identify opportunities and establish relationships with partners, clients, and consultants within Mozambique, based in Forcier’s Maputo office. The Business Development department focuses on generating and capturing business opportunities, through partnership building and preparing bids. Responding to consultancy advertisements published by actors within the international development sector is the focus of our work, and our primary method of obtaining business. The Business Development Officer will support the unit’s proposal development efforts throughout all phases of the process: identifying opportunities, partnership building, recruitment, and proposal development. This will include close collaboration with the Head of Business Unit and Senior Business Development Officer to develop methodologies, work plans, and project budgets. This role includes significant proposal writing for multiple clients and across sectors. The Business Development Officer will be responsible for maintaining and updating client, partner, and consultant rosters. The Business Development Officer will be responsible for representing Forcier’s Mozambique Unit to potential clients and partners.
The first three months is considered a probationary/trial period, however, offers the same compensation and benefits as the remaining nine months of the contract. The trial period will be concluded with a performance evaluation.
- Salary and fringe benefits commensurate with relevant experience and in line with Forcier compensation guidelines;
- Generous paid time off;
- Round-trip flights to duty station (if applicable).
Reports to: Senior Business Development Officer
- Identify opportunities through desk research and partner engagement.
- Coordinate with clients, partners, subcontractors, and consultants to assist in the recruitment and staffing for opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Head of Business Unit and Senior Business Development Officer to develop methodologies, work plans and budgets.
- Write proposals and/or develop proposal inputs.
- Engage with clients and partners throughout negotiation and contracting phases, ensuring efficient project hand-off to research teams.
- Maintain and update unit/BD records and resources such as capacity statements, templates, project trackers, and staff CVs.
- Assist in the development of communication materials.
- Assist in administrative and support duties as needed.
A Bachelor’s Degree in International Affairs, Anthropology, Political Science, English, International Development Studies, or another relevant social science topic.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate with multiple actors, in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, with a high level of accountability for one’s work.
- A keen attention to detail.
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- 1 year of experience in business development, grant writing, and/or proposal development in the international development context.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt in changing settings.
- An interest in Mozambique or Southern Africa more broadly.
- Experience with marketing, branding or graphic design.
- Experience living or working in Africa.
Preference will be given to Mozambican candidates.
- Job City Maputo