The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Camp Management Assistant (Site Facilitator)
Webcruiter ID: 4290871216
Location: Borno – North East
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Start date: 01/10/2020
End date: 31/12/2020
Reports to: The Camp Management (Site Facilitator) Assistant reports to the Camp Management Officer based in Maiduguri.
- NRC is looking for a Camp Management Assistant (Site Facilitator) for our Maiduguri Area Office, Borno State, in North-East Nigeria.
- The purpose of Camp Management (Site Facilitator) Assistant) the position is day to day implementation/site Management of the Camp Coordination and Camp Management Project activities in Maiduguri.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Conducts daily site visits to ensure Community Based Workers are present through taking attendance, and making sure daily/set tasks are achieved
- Provide the necessary work support tools to the Community Based Workers (Stationary, templates, referral sheets, work schedules).
- Ensures all Community-Based Workers have the necessary tools and access to adequate training to use CCCM sector approved tools (Trained on ODK/Kobo, access to tablets, internet access at site and other CCCM sector-specific tools).
- Collects, cleans, and stores all site-related data from their Community-Based Workers (Daily report, data gathered, and other task assigned to the CBW)
- Compiles weekly report from their Community-Based Workers, reports gaps and needs to line manager.
- Identify site improvement needs and alert the Camp Management Officer for any potential need of modification on construction designs or for any unpredictable soil constraints identified,
- support Community-Based Workers for conducting care and maintenance activities, assessments, conduct community sensitization, awareness and mobilization to improve information sharing and encourage communities’ participation and support them in service monitoring exercises and others tasks as needed.
- Provide support and orientation to Community-Based Workers and community workers, train and develop their capacity.
- Ensure Complaint, Feedback Response Mechanism across all sites is functional and facilitate two-way feedback mechanism between NRC and the affected community, with the support of the CM Officer and CM technical assistant.
- Assists the Community Based Workers in establishing and training site/camp committees and support community structures.
- Maintain good working relationships with local authorities, local communities, local committees and partners as well as with all stakeholders in NRC area of intervention
- Ensure the participation of female site representatives
- Ensure the identification and participation of any marginalized groups within a site (Elderly, LGBT, PWD)
- Represent NRC in-field coordination meeting when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the context in North-Eastern Nigeria
- Experience from working with displaced community and camps in Maiduguri areas
Context Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of North East Nigeria
- Knowledge and fluency in the local language Kanuri, Hausa
- Experience and knowledge of the camps/sites in Maiduguri areas
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect – All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and Accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: September 2020
- Duration: 3 months till December 2020 (renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions: Grade Level 3 Step 1 in the NRC Grade Structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, Borno State
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application Procedures and CV Registration
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Nigeria Nationals Only
- Job City Maiduguri