Gender Equality, Peace and Development Centre (GEPaDC) is a non governmental, non-partisan, non-religious and not-for-profit organization whose goal is the “promotion of gender equality, Peace and sustainable development in Nigeria”.
- The Child Protection Case Worker has responsibility to initiate, oversee and support the implementation of child protection strategies and activities at the camp/community level.
- The CP Case Worker will be responsible for implementing the work of and providing guidance to the Community on Child Protection activities.
- Represent GEPADC/SCI in the field, with professionalism, honesty and commitment
- Interview potential CP cases documenting interview prior to referral to relevant service providers.
- Implement program objectives, strategies and activities in agreement with local customs
- Identify child protection cases for assessments, home visits and follow-ups
- Assist the Child Protection officer in carrying out interviews with children.
- Filling in the relevant monitoring tools for the individual cases management of the of UASC and other vulnerable children accordingly
- Identify high priority cases requiring referrals and report to CP officer as they arise for necessary referral
- Facilitate the implementation of a mobilization strategy for community structures and target beneficiaries
- Mobilize community structures as required
- Participate in training courses and meetings for the community structures and fill the relevant monitoring tools
- Attend camp/community level staff and planning meetings monthly
- Give information to the beneficiaries on the services provided by GEPADC or donor agencies
- Facilitate the setup of Foster parents and referral systems to respond to protection issues
- Comply with all relevant save the children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety and other relevant policies
- Perform any other duties that will be assigned by the supervisor
- Job City Borno State