The Cash and Market Technical Specialist will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical expertise, and relationship building skills to define and deliver our strategic ambition for Cash & Market-based Programming in South Sudan. The role will lead strategy development and the technical design and implementation of high quality programmes that deliver change for children in both emergency and development programming. The role supports national advocacy and influencing, while driving strategic partnerships for new business development. It supports the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems to demonstrate impact, while sharing learning across our programmes, teams and partners. The role will work closely operations colleagues and with partners in South Sudan Country Office, building their capacity and building ownership and agency of local organisations. This role includes a focus on external representation on priority issues including market-based assistance, as well as shock-responsive social protection to ensure linkages between SCI humanitarian cash & voucher assistance and government-led social protection systems. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Post-graduate degree in social development; development studies, agriculture, agro-economics; economics or a related field with additional specific trainings in CVA, market based programming, social protection and project planning and management techniques.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working internationally in Cash and Voucher Assistance and market based programming in emergency and development settings, for a broad range of institutional donors and sectors (beyond Food Security & Livelihoods)
- Understanding of Cash and Voucher Assistance and market based programming in South Sudan
- Experience with various cash and voucher modalities, including digital, mobile, card, paper voucher, and cash in envelopes; and cash transfer in social safety net programs
- Management experience of operational aspects of cash and voucher interventions and
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to the design and development of strategies and supporting mechanisms in the use of financial inclusions for social protection programs
- Experience in the introduction of internal controls systems to support cash and vouchers delivery in the areas of financial management, logistics, security and programme delivery
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E, beneficiary accountability, and learning
- Experience in the application of methodologies to calculate cash / voucher amounts for sectoral outcomes (e.g. minimum expenditure basket, cost of the diet) as well as for multipurpose cash assistance (MPCA); experience in conducting feasibility and risk analysis for cash & voucher assistance; market information collection and analysis;
- Familiarity with the Sphere Standards (latest version Hand Book)
- Track record in successful business development/fundraising, especially with ECHO, FCDO, GFFO, BMZ, USAID/BHA and other donors known for supporting cash based programmes
- Demonstrated program design, monitoring and evaluation skills, including designing pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
- Experience of strategy development and planning
- Experience of context, capacity and policy analysis, and influencing and advocacy at regional/international level in order to hold duty bearers to account to realise children’s rights.
- Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources.
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work for children
- Experience of promoting quality and impact through at least one crosscutting area: gender equality and inclusion, adaptive and safer programming; child rights; disability; migration and displacement.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels;
- Proven representation skills.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets.
- Experience of supporting humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery
- Significant experience in training, capacity building, and mentoring
- Fluent in English and high level of English writing skills; Arabic and other local languages is an added advantage**.**
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of an international contract terms and conditions.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
- Job City South Sudan