Position: Cash Transfer Officer
Report to: Project Coordinator
Location: West Nile, Uganda
Purpose of the position:
Cash Based Transfer Officer implementing all aspects WFP Cash based transfers interventions. S/he will be responsible for initiating action in the areas of cash based transfer, build capacity and provide orientation to cash transfer staff in the program. The role will be in charge of developing monthly cash transfer scheduled based on completed work norms, over-seeing distribution and reporting on CBP to both WFP and WV.
Training & capacity building
- Provide trainings/orientation/technical inputs to Project staff to enhance capacity in relation to CBP in the programme areas.
- Training cash management committees and volunteers to enable them support cash distribution.
- Conduct financial literacy sensitization session for beneficiaries in collaboration with WFP and DLG focal persons.
- Build the capacity of DLG staff on CBT programming.
- Coordinates with the technical staff coming from across Sectors for planning and implementations of the deliverables under the CBT section.
Cash based Transfers implementation
- Lead and oversee the implementation of cash component of the Adjumani Cash for Asset project.
- Support in development and implementation of work-norms as the basis for determine monthly cash entitlements for beneficiaries.
- Helps in making work plans, project identification, proposals and budget design for Cash based programme.
- Provide options to leadership and in management of challenges when visiting the operational areas.
- Liaise with project staff to prepare monthly payment schedule based on completed work-norms.
- Liaise with WFP for the cash release note and service provider to ensure distributions happen as planned.
- Supervises and consult the distribution team in the field.
Accounting and reporting
- Submits relevant documents to Senior FAIRO for cash based transfers reporting.
- Prepare and submit reports for CTS and Management and ensure proper accounting for all Cash transfers in the assigned Zone.
- Consolidate, Compile and submit quality reports to Project Coordinator as directed.
- Ensure that all reports are highly accurate, comprehensive, well documented and will guarantee the credibility of the program.
- Ensure monthly Cash Transfer Monthly Report is completed and forwarded to the Snr. FAIRO for upload in the DGB.
- Ensure monthly Support Offices allocation table is completed and uploaded in the DGB.
Networking & external engagements
- Represent World Vision Uganda at the monthly & quarterly Cash based transfer working groups in the response and any other meeting as required to share progress, challenges and appropriate follow up plans.
- Work with the Accountability officer to establish and implement feedback and complaints mechanisms on CBT across the programme areas. This will include documenting all cases reported related to CBT and ensuring that they are handled and references made to the responsible partners.
- Develop and disseminate Information and Education Communication materials on Cash Based Transfer.
- Supervise volunteers during cash distribution exercise.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business related course or community development. Experience in community work and cash based programming.
- One to two year Experience in community work and cash based programming an added advantage
- Passion for children.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability and dependable
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) is and added advantage
- Entrepreneurship, micro finance and strong agribusiness skills
- Computer literate
- Writing and reporting skills
- Networking and influencing skills
How to apply:
Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae, to Website: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-uganda
Address your application to the People & Culture Specialist, Recruitment, World Vision Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 14th September, 2019. (Qualified natives of West Nile region are particularly encouraged to apply)
- Job City Adjumani