ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
CCCM Community Mobilizer
Contract length: 6 Months
Level: E1-1 (national contract)
Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
About the Job
- This position falls under the direct management of ACTED’s CCCM Team Leader and CCCM Program Manager
- ACTED’s CCCM Mobilizer will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp.
- The CCCM Mobilizer will assist the CCCM officers/CCCM Database assistant in camp activities such as camp committee creation, surveys and assessments, assisting in data collection, leading outreach campaigns.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- The Community Mobilizer Assistant is primarily responsible for community mobilization, Communication with Communities and support to community governance activities under direct supervision of the CCCM Team Leader and indirect supervision of the CCCM PM and the Protection officer.
- This includes but it is not limited to conduct information campaigns, implement complaints and feedback mechanism in the site, ensure that vulnerable groups and people with specific needs are represented and participate in CCCM activities and build capacity of the Camp Committee Members in community governance and community mobilization, to ensure that they can effectively participate to the camp life, passing information to the camp population, advocate for the needs of the their own community and influence humanitarian assistance delivery.
- Create, follow-up, strengthen and monitor Camp Committees (including management committee) and provide SOPs/TORs/Forms and tools at site level ensuring transparency, participation, inclusion and agreement of all the stakeholders.
- Strengthening daily the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Conducting regular meetings with committee members and ensuring community participation in coordination meetings through community mobilization activities
- Managing of the CRM information desk / box activities in the site, including collection and review of complaints forms, referral to responsible agencies with support of
- Monitoring of service provision by partners at site level in close cooperation with the communities, partners and stakeholders
- Timely reporting any gaps and/or duplication in service delivery and communities needs emerged during daily activities
- Timely reporting any risk of evictions identified daily activities to the line manager
- Database Assistant, timely reporting of sensitive complaints to line manager and regular submission of all data collection forms to Database Assistant for data entry and analysis
- Supporting improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the database assistant including: identification of information gaps, design/review of tools, databases and reports, data collection oversight
- Cooperating in data collection for service delivery or other purposes as needed
- Assist in creating ACTED SOPs for Complaints Response Mechanism and ensuring to comply to document during daily activities
- Update public information boards with site management and partner information. Ensure that the information on the boards are accessible to everybody, include not literate population
- Organize outreach activities for information gathering and sharing beyond information desk in coordination with the PM and the Team Leader, particularly for the benefit of residents with less mobility
- Support training camp committees, partner agencies and site team on CCCM and CCCM related topics, as requested by the line manager with a strong focus on enhancing capacity of camp committees through coaching
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Essential qualifications and experience:
- Completion of university degree in Database, Humanities, Social Studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum two years of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Job City Borno State