Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, Virginia in the United States is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on an anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Ghana Fisheries Recovery Activity. The goal of this activity is to mitigate the near-collapse of the small pelagic fisheries sector in Ghana and establish a durable basis for its recovery. The activity is anticipated to have five objectives: (1) Increase livelihood opportunities for fishing households, (2) Increase value of artisanal fishers’ products and increase their integration to markets, (3) Strengthen government practices in fisheries policy making, regulation, and enforcement, (4) Improve the use of science and research for policy and management decisions, and (5) Strengthen constituencies to promote sustainable fisheries management.
Position Description: The COP will have overall responsibility for technical and operational management of the anticipated Activity. S/he will be the principal point of contact in Ghana for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for all contract management and implementation. S/he will be the primary liaison with USAID/Ghana on technical matters and must adjust programs and operations in response to USAID/Ghana technical direction. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring quality control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under the award.
The COP’s primary responsibilities will be providing overall leadership, management, and general technical direction of the entire Activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and focusing on the full achievement of all results stated in the award. This individual will be expected to identify issues and manage risks related to Activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments to maintain strong performance. This is anticipated to be a full-time position based in Accra, Ghana.
* Master’s degree or higher in marine/coastal resource management, marine biology or other marine science, fisheries resource management, or another relevant field;
* At least twelve (12) years of demonstrated experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded development activities, USG/USAID experience preferred;
* At least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in senior program management, including team leadership and direct supervision of professional and support staff;
* Demonstrated ability to engage constructively in multi-stakeholder dialogue, including sustaining partnerships and strong working relationships with donors, host country government counterparts, the private sector, academic institutions, and civil society;
* Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
* Proficiency written and spoken English is required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/3cTYBpN
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
- Job City Ghana