The Communications Officer will be responsible for planning and creation of all communication materials, manage the organizations’ brand strategy and visibility as well as lead in the documentation of program activities for International Medical Corps in Somalia. The Communications Officer will also work closely with headquarters communication team to create content for upload on website and contribute to the organizational communication goals and objectives. These tasks require the ability to work closely with different teams at field level, national level and the headquarters. Creativity in design & production is essential and being able to play leading role in all communication related activities.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
· Manage and ensure consistent branding and visibility in all platforms including print and digital collateral materials to integrate with and support organization’s goals and activities that includes designing communication materials such as brochures, cape statements, maps, banners, posters, etc. while adhering to organization’s policies.
· Lead in story, photo, and video assets development that support overall visibility and fundraising efforts tied to organizational goals and strategy including planning, scripting, actual collection of photos and videos on site and editing them and editing them.
· Support the development, editorial, design and production of high-quality, effective print, electronic, web and video communications, including the organization’s annual and survey reports, donor reports, brochures, photobooks, cape statements, newsletters, etc.
· Lead in development of the Somalia mission’s regular sitreps to give a snapshot of the contextual picture in the areas of operation to inform various stakeholders and donors of the emerging issues.
· Liaise with headquarters communication team to create content to be used on the web and on the various social media platforms as well as assist in driving program promotional campaigns. Acting as the link between the global communications team and the country team by sharing information about all mission’s campaigns and updating both ends on new developments.
· Provide technical assistance and editorial support to field teams in the production of a wide range of regular reporting requirements, including ‘Success Stories’ highlighting program activities and achievement.
· Build the capacity of field teams on basic communication skills such as writing and photography and videography to enhance their reporting skills.
· Documenting program activities, events, program interventions outcomes and impact.
· Support in production of Social Behavior Change and Communication (SBCC) content such as videos, posters and messaging.
· Develop a communication plan implemented alongside programs and especially SBCC.
· Produce internal communication newsletter every quarter and a photobook every year highlighting program impacts during the period.
· Produce high quality videos to promote our work online (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
· Lead and advise in all media engagement activities.
· Liaise with IT to develop a learning portal/database where content can be accessed online.
· Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication or equivalent required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong skills in using Adobe Master Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point
- Strong photography and audio visual production skills.
- Creative, self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in communications office.
- Ability to work with a diverse team, including international teams.
- Ability to work quickly and produce quality work under pressure
- Ability to travel and spend extended time in different parts of Somalia, with limited facilities and often under harsh conditions on a short notice.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status.
How to Apply:
IMC Somalia mission is inviting qualified internal and external candidates who meet the above requirements to send cover letter and CV to the following email address: [email protected]
Please indicate the job title in the email subject line clearly, that is COMMUNICATION OFFICER. Deadline for applications is 26th July 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL CORPS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job City Somalia