The UNDP internship programme offers an outstanding graduate-level student the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNDP’s work with the objective of deepening his/her knowledge and understanding of UNDP’s goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various professional aspects.
Eligibility for internships in UNDP
- a) Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
(c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Interns are not financially remunerated by UNDP.
Objective of the internship: Provide support to the Resident Coordinator Office with regard to communications functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures effective communication support, focusing on the achievement of the following results
- Develops visibility materials on the work of UN in Angola: as UNCT pamphlet, UN Angola brochure.
- Assists in drafting and editing articles, press release, other public information materials and reports;
- Support the establishment of the UN Website, compiling and editing the relevant information to then upload it to the web;
- Support the functioning of the UN Communication Group in consultation with the RC & the UN Country Team; and under the guidance of the chair of the group drafts a UN Strategy on Operating Procedures for the Website;
- Supports the preparation of UN System public events, such as UN Days, missions, launching ceremonies, field visits, workshops, and global UN initiatives;
- Monitor the media keeping a good overall knowledge of the public debate around themes relevant to UN mandate and programs;
- Undertakes any other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment.
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent) in Communication, Journalism or related social sciences.
- Have graduated with a university degree in Communication, Journalism or related social sciences (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
- Practical knowledge in copywriting and web edition, developing brochures, and pamphlets desirable.
- Fluency in Portuguese and good working knowledge of English is required.
Conditions of internship
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship.
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring government or institutions;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship or for six months immediately following the expiration date of the internship;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity.
Selected candidates much submit the following documents
- Letter of intent/motivation;
- Letter confirming University enrolment or copy of completed university degree.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- Job City Luanda