The intern will work in the Partnership and Communications Unit under the direct, overall supervision of Partnership and Communications Team Leader and will assist in producing a range of print, online publications and visibility items.
1. Specific intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing high-quality copy for external news stories, newsletters, fact sheets and web content, proposal;
- Media relation and press release including translation;
- Assisting with research for the annual report and other publications;
- Liaising with Ethiopia Operational Hub and country office focal points and project managers to secure information and images for communications materials;
- Assisting with the distribution of communications products;
- Researching and analyzing information on field projects;
- General administration and support;
- Reporting to and perform other duties as requested by the communication focal point.
2. Training components and learning elements
The intern will have a hand on experience in communication and media relation. The intern will be attending UN Communication Working Group and will be able to learn how UN agencies coordinate, and how other UN agencies operate in terms of communications.
3. Participation in missions or training courses
The intern will be part of the team and will participate in any training available if the content is applicable for the position.
Stipend will be provided.
Please visit the online vacancy for more information and to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16459
Completed university degree or significant course work (if degree still ongoing) in journalism, communications, development or a related field.
Applicants must be fluent in English and French and should be comfortable in reading and writing in both languages.
Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, additional knowledge of Adobe illustrator, Adobe Design and Photoshop is desirable.
For an internship, no work experience is required.
Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines are required.
- Application Deadline: 19-Oct-2018
- Please visit the online vacancy to apply: https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=16459
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Job City Addis Ababa