Call for CV / Expression of Interest
Position Title: Communications Intern
Duty Station: Cairo, Egypt
Type of Appointment: Paid Internship Assignment
Duration: 03 Months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: September 21, 2023
Reference number: CFCV/CAI/2023/12
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and direct supervision of the Media and Communications Assistant, the intern will assist with the digital communication activities of the Mission.
Tasks will include:
- Generate creative and engaging content for various social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Monitor and respond to comments, messages, and inquiries across social media platforms in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist in developing a social media content calendar and scheduling posts using social media management tools.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure timely delivery and publication of content.
- Monitor social media platforms for mentions, trends, and relevant discussions related to the organization.
- Assist in the planning and execution of social media campaigns and promotions.
- Attend internal meetings related to external communication of IOM’s activities.
- Undertake other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (Bachelor’s level or equivalent) preferably in Marketing, Communication, Journalism, or a related field. OR
- Enrolled in a graduate school program (second university degree or equivalent, or higher), OR
- Have graduated (internship must commence within one year of graduation).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms and their features.
- Basic knowledge of social media analytics and reporting.
- Proficiency in using social media management tools.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate engaging content ideas.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Note: Applicants must be between 20 and 36 years of age.
- Working knowledge of English and Arabic is required (both oral and written)
- Microsoft office skills in word and excel.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership of achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Interested candidates are expected to submit their applications before September 21, 2023- Cairo time through the following links.
Note: Late submissions will not be considered.
Applications with missing documents will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Kindly note that for efficiency