To support the Senior Communications Advisor in ensuring effective communication of IPPFAR’s work which involves the tasks of researching, writing, editing and publishing information about IPPF Africa Region.
· Support the Senior Communication Advisor on the implementation of the communications strategy, development, and roll out of media and PR strategy for ARO and MA
· Work with the Senior Communication Advisor to strengthen partnerships with media outlets and ensure high visibility and coverage of IPPFAR’s events, programmes and activities
· Regularly analyse social media coverage on IPPFAR activities
· Maintain and enhance ARO’s web presence and social media
· Contribute to guidelines on digital, social media best practice for wider use by IPPFAR.
· Prepare publications for the media, members of relevant government ministries and civil society organisations
· Maintain a database of all media organisations and key media personnel in Africa
· Organise specific events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours
· Develop and maintain a strong media network for the regional office, including building relations with journalists in all countries covered by the Regional office
· Follow up with media requests in a timely manner and keep the regional media contact list up to date
· Support the Senior communication Advisor to draft media announcements and releases
· Manage the implementation and delivery of results of the Journalists’ Network Programme
· Foster Member Association (MA) media relations through events such as open days and through involvement in MA initiatives
· Prepare the media for Regional Director’s official visits and meetings
· Ensure that organisation’s initiatives and projects are successfully supported and communicated to staff and key external stakeholders
· Collect articles on best practices within IPPFAR for publication in different media outlets
· Ensure that communication and media documents are archived in an easily retrievable electronic based filing system, including filing photos in line with existing guidelines.
· Prepare periodic reports and summaries for the management on regional media activities.
· Work with the Senior Communications Advisor to identify opportunities for media relation, Develop and maintain support for SHRHR in Africa
· Disseminate regular project updates including drafting success stories, snapshots, before and after pieces, and other communications materials to IPPF Secretariat, IPPF Member Associations, stakeholder and media.
· Work with various departments to ensure that the communications activities calendar is kept up to date in consultation with the Senior Communications Advisor
· Provide support to Senior Communication Advisor in developing high communications content for external and internal use
· Undertake any other duties that might be assigned by the supervisor.
For more details on the job descriptions visit www.ippfar.org
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disability and people openly living with HIV.
IPPF has been made aware of various fraudulent vacancy announcements circulated via e-mail from websites falsely stating that they are issued by or in association with IPPF. These correspondences, which may seek to obtain money from the recipients of such correspondence are fraudulent and IPPF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a 1-page cover letter to: [email protected]
Closing date Wednesday 4th March 2020.
If you do not hear from us by 30th June 2020, please assume that your application was not successful.
- Job City NAIROBI