CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 100 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
CAMRIS seeks a Community Engagement Specialist for the upcoming Mid-term Performance Evaluation of USAID/Mali’s Girls Leadership and Empowerment Through Education (GLEE) Activity. The purpose of this midterm performance evaluation is to assess the progress made by the GLEE Activity toward expected results, determine what mid-term course corrections are needed, and use the findings to inform the design of future projects.
The performance evaluation will gather and analyze data on three objectives:
* The degree to which key barriers faced by adolescent girls to access quality education has decreased.
* Whether the safety of girls in schools and their communities has increased.
* Whether the knowledge and adoption of positive health behaviors of adolescent girls has increased.
The assignment is located in Bamako, Mali, with travel expected for field visits within Mali.
Note: This position is contingent on contract award.
* Assess the degree of parental and community attitudes and support for GLEE.
* Work closely with the Team Leader and the Evaluation Expert in providing comments on the English versions of the data-gathering instruments before they are field-tested.
* Review third-party data/information relevant to the evaluation.
* Review and comment on the successive drafts of the final report submitted by the Team Leader.
* Collaborate with evaluation team members to ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
* At least 7 years of experience with NGOs involved in community development (education, governance, gender, WASH, etc.).
* Experience assessing community engagement activities.
* Fluency in French.
* Fluency in Bambara or another local language of Mali.
* Experience with interviewing techniques.
* Strong research, time management and communication skills.
CAMRIS International, LLC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume online at www.camris.com. CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by any applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Job City Bamako