The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over seven decades in the world addressing both the immediate, life-saving needs of conflict-affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post-conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
SCOPE OF WORK/ JOB PURPOSE:
The IRC will implement an emergency program which encompasses protection through immediate assistance in Gedeb and Kochere woredas, Gedeo Zone. Under the direct supervision of Field Coordinator and CWI/CP Manager, the CWI Response Officer will ensure the emergency protection project’s implementation, ensure coordination and communication with the Addis CWI team, and support project documentation and report writing.
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITY AND TASKS:
Ø Conduct trainings on Gender Based Violence (GBV) response and prevention to government and non-government service providers based on field sites needs, requests and scheduling.
Ø Be seconded at government institution and provide technical support on GBV case management and counseling support.
Ø Support the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
Ø Work on monthly and progress reports.
Ø Develop CWI communication materials (brochures, leaflets) as needed.
Ø Establish community groups and build their capacity on GBV response and prevention.
Ø Establish good partnership with different actors including schools and provide technical support.
Ø Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make appropriate recommendations to CWI Addis team as needed.
Ø Support in the update/establish of a functional GBV referral system, Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs), maintain good GBV coordination mechanism with other actors to ensure comprehensive response intervention, risk mitigation and GBV services provision at Assosa town.
Ø Support in prevention program activity design of effective community outreach and engagement strategies to strengthen the protective environment for women and girls and maximize the community impact including engaging men and boys.
Ø Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including in assessments and surveys.
Ø Assist with all aspects of project implementation in Gedeo zone and provide operational support (i.e., HR & Admin., Finance, Logistics) including facilitating procurement requests, following up on PR tracking, etc.
Ø Coordinate and organize CWI workshops and trainings including prepare TOR, facilitate procurement requests, and follow up on the timely implementation.
Any other duties and responsibilities including field visits to other field offices that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors
- 3 Years of relevant work experience for first degree and 2 years of experience for plus post graduate in Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Women’s Studies, or any other Social science related field.
- Related work and field experiences in counseling or social service provision with women and adolescent girls.
- Demonstrated confidence in discussing intimate gender and sexuality issues.
- Able to maintain GBV and protection principles at all times – including knowledge and practical application of the GBV Guiding Principles and PSEA.
- Ability to communicate in English and Amharic required.
- Familiarity working in SNNP region is an advantage.
- Ability to use MS office, word, excel, and outlook email applications very well.
- Good command spoken and written Amharic and Basics of English;
- Knowledge of the local language
- Basic computer skill is advantageous.
Grade 1 driving license is an advantageous
- Job City SNNPR