The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Summary Statement of responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the CP/CWI manager, the CWI/CP Officer will supervise, coordinate and manage the CWI/CP program in a professional manner. She /he will demonstrate technical capability and assist the CWI/CP staff to make sure the program is holistic, upholding according to standards, procedures, and principles of CP/GBV. She/he will coordinate the various services available in the IDP site.
Program Planning Development and Implementation
- Monitor the emergency situations in Konso and Alle
- Lead the CP/GBV team including day to day management (determining where and when to go).
- Provide technical support to staff to initiate the emergency project activities in SNNPR, Konso and Alle zone.
- Conduct regular field visits to targeted IDP sites and initiate discussions with the relevant government actors and community leaders on the selection criteria of clients and strategies for distribution.
- Conduct needs assessment and or consult with women and children to determine their most urgent needs and identify whether we may be able to meet these needs.
- Support the overall budget management including budget planning and budget utilization using IRC tools.
- Actively participate in protection coordination meetings and raise protection concerns of women and children at the field level.
- Participate in the write-up of the project report and post-distribution assessments.
- Ensure a coordinated and holistic approach to address issues concerning vulnerable and at-risk children including Unaccompanied/Separated children living in the IDP sites.
- In collaboration with the staff hold community awareness raising campaigns and trainings on child protection and GBV concerns.
- Support the team in ensuring the availability of accurate, complete, and up-to-date information required for advocacy, effective Child Protection GBV program design, implementation, lesson learned, monitoring and evaluation.
- Shall take any additional responsibilities as requested by supervisors.
- a positive team spirit to encourage innovative and quality programming.
- Initiate/ Participate in periodic program review meetings with partners and community members.
- Support the CWI/CP team in ensuring the availability of accurate, complete, and up-to-date information required for effective Child Protection program implementation, follow-up, review, and M&E.
- Regularly review and give feedback on the CWI/CP program information management system and follow-up and report on the progress.
- Prepares monthly progress, quarterly and annual implementation and donor reports.
- First degree with 2 years of experience in Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Women’s Studies, or any other Social science related field. Or diploma with 5 years of experience. 1 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
- NGO experience in CP and CWI is a plus.
- Experience in capacity building and mentoring.
- Confirmed experience in developing competency-based training modules!
- Good understanding of CP program approaches and practice.
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Experience in working with harmed and at-risk children in NGO working system
- Basic supervisory/managerial skills
- Technical and report writing skills
- Computer literate (ability to use MS office, word, excel, and outlook email applications very well)
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Job City Hawassa