FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position of Component 1 Lead – Assisting New & Growing SMEs to support the anticipated USAID-funded Business Egypt Activity which aims to assist the Government of Egypt’s (GOE) efforts to expand the quality and quantity of job opportunities, especially for women and youth, and to increase sales revenues and investment in the local market. The project will support the establishment, growth, and competitiveness of productive and innovative startups and promising micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) by creating a vibrant and high functioning ecosystem of competitive innovative enabling institutions that accelerate economic development in Egypt.
The Component 1 Lead will support and advise the Chief of Party (COP) and other project staff in designing and implementing activities supporting new startup companies through business incubators, accelerators and entrepreneurship networks. This senior position reports directly to the COP.
The goal of Component 1 is to ensure that promising new firms, including those from Upper Egypt and the Delta, are created and supported as a result of support from incubators and accelerators, leading to the increase in employment.
This position will be based in Egypt and Egyptian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment is contingent upon the award of the Business Egypt Activity to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the development of new incubators and accelerators in geographically underserved regions and/or specific sectors, where commercially viable;
- Establish partnerships between incubators, accelerators, mentors, and angel investors
- Develop an association of incubator/accelerator managers;
- Expand the reach and effectiveness of the Women’s Entrepreneurs Network, Tiye Angels and the Youth Entrepreneurs Network, with for example new chapters in governorates and regular meetings for mentoring, training, and networking events locally and nationally;
- Plan and define the scope for short-term technical assistance (STTA) resources as needed;
- Advise the COP, serve as subject matter and technical expert; and
- Coordinate with the other Component Leads and senior managers.
- Bachelors degree; Master’s degree preferred in international development, business, economics, engineering or relevant fields.
- 8 + years of professional work experience in programmatic and technical experience in private sector development and project management.
- Minimum five (5) years of successful experience planning, implementation and monitoring of programs related to entrepreneurship and small business development.
- Proven ability serving in an advisory and liaison capacity between the public and private sector.
- Familiarity with USAID/US Government-funded programming, rules and regulations required.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing and maintaining unbiased and professional working relationships with government officials, civil society partners, donors, and donor-funded implementers.
- Ability to manage a team of professionals, work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse team on activities of similar scale.
- Proven human resource management skills and demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic required.
Availability of this position and employment is contingent upon the successful award of the Business Egypt Activity to FHI 360, as well as USAID approval of the finalist.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
- Job City Egypt