Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Manager, and with a functional relationship with relevant support services departments (DFSS and DHROS) based in Headquarters, the incumbent will oversee the set up and operationalization of the DRC Country Office establishing protocols for day-to-day operations and be responsible for strategic financial and human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services, and ensure consistency with IDLO policies in all those operational areas.
Under the supervision of the Country Manager and in collaboration with the service departments at IDLO HQ in Rome, the incumbent shall primarily be responsible for the following duties:
1. Operations management
- Manage and coordinate all operational support functions for the IDLO program in DRC including Finance, Human Resources, Procurement, Logistics, and ICT.
- Develop and ensure that the policies, procedures and systems regarding operations services in DRC Country Office are in compliance with IDLO’s institutional standards and approach, while at the same time taking into account the realities of working in DRC.
- Provide support to the overall management, coordination and planning for IDLO office in DRC including the relationship with local implementing partner.
- Lead, motivate and coach the operations team, facilitating the cultivation of appropriate skills to continuously enhance sound working relationships within the Office.
- Create a highly efficient and secure Office Services function with a strong focus on client-service for both internal and external users.
2. Finance, Logistics and Procurement management
- Ensure the IDLO Country Office compliance with corporate logistics and procurement policies and procedures.
Ensure the timely preparation and submission of all financial reports and documentation to the HQ Finance Team including monthly bank and cash accounting worksheets, ensuring the correct allocation of costs to the program budget lines and reviewing the monthly fund transfer requests to HQ.
Monitor program expenditures and utilization of funds; ensure compliance with IDLO Financial Procedures and Donor Rules and Regulations; be responsible for updating financial forecasts and contribute to projects and/or budget revisions as required.
- Keep track of financial progress of the projects; analyze project expenses as required, underline budget deviations and provide analysis.
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for all cash disbursement, receipts and transfers.
3. Human Resources and Admin
- Ensure the IDLO Country Office compliance with corporate human resources policies and strategies.
- Ensure optimal staffing of the office and projects.
- Ensure effective talent management, including recruitment, induction, and learning; ensure necessary human resources policies and procedures are in place and consistently applied across the IDLO DRC Office
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Work Experience
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field is required.
- Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CPA is highly desired.
- A graduate-level degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field is required.
- Professional qualification in any of the following: HR, Procurement, or Project Management is desired
- Fluency in English and French is required.
Specific Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience with operations management including procurement, logistics, human resources, and administrative functions at the international level.
- Experience in a leadership role/operations management role at an international level required
- Previous experience in team supervision is desirable.
- Project management qualifications or comparable experience
- Broad experience in strategic planning and capacity building
- Proven track record of analyzing potential risks, encouraging awareness of risks, and holding others to account for their practices.
- Proven experience working in a multicultural, multiethnic environment and maintaining effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Understanding of rules and regulations for a variety of donors
- Knowledge and experience in leading a diverse team in an international organization is desirable
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A self-starter, able to identify improvements to working practice, make recommendations and implement changes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with several internal service departments.
- Proven ability to develop and foster productive working relationships across a globally based organization.
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, credibility, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
- Willingness to undertake periodic travel to other office locations in high-risk areas, as required.
Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Assignment is for a period of four months.
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature, or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the employee/consultant/intern assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the consultancy opportunity to meet business and organizational needs as necessary. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
- Job City Democratic Republic of the Congo