JD for Consultant for Ethiopia Health Opportunities
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified Consultant for the Ethiopian Health Opportunities.
FHI 360 is seeking applications for a senior level short-term consultant with expertise in intelligence gathering for proposal development in the health sector.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the Ethiopia landscape, a strong consultancy experience in business development and will be able to quickly gather intelligence through a network of clients (USAID, DFID) local implementing partners (NGOs, FBOs, CSOs, private sector) and Government officials, especially Ministry of Health and other local stakeholders.
The exact focus of the work will be discussed with the selected consultant to provide guidance and agree on the level of effort.
- Gather intelligence relevant to business development opportunities in the health sector covering health systems strengthening and strategic behavior change activities.
- Prepare a comprehensive report in English.
- Present results to FHI 360 HQ and regional and country offices through a slide presentation in English.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Management, Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field.
- Significant experience in business development and preparation of proposals in the health sector.
- Demonstrated evidence of successful involvement in proposal development for USAID and DFID.
- Extensive networks in Ethiopia for business intelligence gathering and proposal development.
- Demonstrated ability through previous experience to liaise with senior government officials, dignitaries, executives of NGOs, FBOs, CBOs, and the for-profit business community, and senior members of the donor community.
- Understanding of the health system and development landscape in Ethiopia (implementation partners, donors, health ministry, private sector).
- Understanding and networks with private sector organizations (commercial, NGOS and CSOs) playing a role in health in Ethiopia.
- Experience/exposure to several of the following health technical areas (Preferred experience in health systems building blocks including: service delivery, health workforce, health information systems, access to essential medicines, financing, leadership/governance, universal health coverage; and experience/knowledge in behavior change; product development)
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with ability to provide oral and written reports to US-based and Ethiopia-based staff
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English. Knowledge of Ethiopian local language(s) is a plus.
- Relevant computer software skills, including at a minimum MS Office.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application & updated CV through [email protected] before/on 05, June, 2020.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please make sure you write the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Failure to do so will lead to application disqualify.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Job City Addis Ababa