In line with the newly approved Country Strategy FY22-FY26, PIMz intends to hire a consultant who will lead the process of conducting three pieces of work namely (1) job design, analysis, and description, (2) job evaluation and grading, and (3) Staff alignment through a skill and competence analysis as PIMz envisages to continue sustaining transformation outcomes efficiently and effectively based on aligning needed and key competence with staff compliment, enabling the results-based culture and organizational values and behaviours and moving to great performance. The result of this process, will ensure the organization has the right workforce that will support the achievement of the CS strategic objectives as well as the CS goal in the context of Plan International Mozambique including its budgetary capability. The consultant will report to the Country Director and the Head of HROD.
Required Qualifications and Technical Competences
Plan International Mozambique aims at hiring a well experienced Consultant with strong track record of having conducted similar exercise preferably in international NGOs. The consultant should have the following expertise and qualifications
• Master’s degree in HRM or related field and
Stages TimelineiEngagement and agree the communication strategyii11 February 2022Built understanding of the ToR and key Deliverables and timelinesiii16 February 2022Agreed on tools to be used in the process (Plan tools)iv16 February 2022Reviewed/developed Job Descriptions (Conducted Job Design, Analysis, evaluation and grading in line with agreed Plan tools)v31 March 2022Report end of Stage I08 April 202209 May 202220 May 202227 May 202202 June 2022Presented the report in form of PPTSubmitted the final reportiiiStage IIIKey deliverablesStage IIConducted skill and competence analysis (focus on core structure roles and apply approaches which will ensure staff are engaged)iDeveloped a report to management on key findings and recommendationsiiStage I
• A minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in organizational development, Job description, skill competence assessment, Job evaluation and job grading.
• Good understating of related HR systems.
• Demonstrative experience in workforce transition.
• Well-developed core consulting skills of research including qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis, presentation, and attention to detail;
• Strong facilitation skills and hands-on experience of working in participatory ways with staff groups, management;
• Good report-writing skills are essential;
• An understanding of the Mozambique Labour law
How to apply
Interested parties may request the Terms of Reference until January 28, 2022 at the following email address [email protected]
The application should be in English language and titled: “Workforce Planning- Plan International Mozambique.” and submitted on or before 28 January 2022, to: [email protected]
- Job City Maputo